ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Suggestion: Alphabetical Index

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 09/04/08 10:59 AM Views: 1472 Replies: 12
Thursday, September 4, 2008 at 10:59 AM

It would be nice when dealing with a large class such as mine to be able to have an index at the top of the "Classmate Profiles" section so that you could jump to a last name. For example:

A B C D E F G H

A
Abel, Ken
Abelene, Cathy
Apple, Fiona

B
Baker, Tracy
Buellman, Chris
Ball, Tom

C
Cushman, Steve
Cookie, Monster
Candy, Man

I hope that makes sense...

Friday, September 5, 2008 at 2:06 AM - Response #1

Let me run this by the group next week. For most sites it's pretty easy to follow an alphabetized list, but I can see what you mean in your case with this many Classmates. Maybe we could only put the in the alphabet clicks if the Class exceeds a set # of Classmates. We wouldn't bet able to get to this for quite some time -- appreciate the recommendation.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at 10:29 AM - Response #2

I too, agree! That is one of the suggestions I have had repeatedly, since our class has well over 800 classmates. An alphabetical letter choice would be most helpful.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at 11:31 AM - Response #3

We're going to show the alphabet clicks whenever a class has more than 300 Classmate Names.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at 12:06 PM - Response #4

You guys are AWESOME!

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at 5:51 PM - Response #5

Quote:

RE: Suggestion: Alphabetical Index
Posted Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at 9:31 AM

We're going to show the alphabet clicks whenever a class has more than 300 Classmate Names.

This feature will be at the top of the Manage Classmates list "class_admin_members_list.cfm" as well as the Classmate Profiles "class_classmates.cfm" page, right?

My class isn't as big as 800, but if the limit is 300, my class barely meets the requirement at about 318.

It will still list classmates by LAST NAME and not MARRIED NAME, right? Since it now lists the classmates by LAST NAME, it probably won't change.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at 10:30 PM - Response #6

Yes it will be on top of both pages. No, the way the Classmates are listed will not change from what you see now.

Thursday, August 8, 2013 at 12:32 PM - Response #7

Brad Switzer wrote:

Yes it will be on top of both pages. No, the way the Classmates are listed will not change from what you see now.

Hey Brad just going through my open thread doing followups. This feature never seemed to manifest itself as I described. Was it shelved? All I see is:

Show by: A-Z Last Updated: 202 Newest Members: 202 Latest Comments: 22

Which really doesn't match the whole "jump to a name" feature I described.

Thanks as always,

Thursday, August 8, 2013 at 1:23 PM - Response #8

From the original post in this thread, R David Paine III wrote:

It would be nice when dealing with a large class such as mine to be able to have an index at the top of the "Classmate Profiles" section so that you could jump to a last name. For example:

A B C D E F G H

C
Cushman, Steve
Cookie, Monster
Candy, Man

So in my pretend world, I clicked on C, Dave. Just wondering... have you heard from Monster Cookie & Man Candy? Will they be attending an upcoming reunion? Cool

Thursday, August 8, 2013 at 1:25 PM - Response #9

Gwen Corey wrote:

So in my pretend world, I clicked on C, Dave. Just wondering... have you heard from Monster Cookie & Man Candy? Will they be attending an upcoming reunion? Cool

We just had our 30th and on Friday night those guys showed up around 2 or 3 AM and rocked the house.

Thursday, August 8, 2013 at 3:07 PM - Response #10

Lost of threads and lots of ideas. Wow this one goes back 5 years! In some other thread, at some other time, it was decided to keep this simple rather than put a whole alphabet across the top. You can just click the search button and enter any 3 characters and the names will jump on the screen right before your very eyes. Smile This same feature was also implemented on the Manage Classmates page in your admin.

Thursday, August 8, 2013 at 3:13 PM - Response #11

Thanks Brad! I learned my new thing for today!!

I like it

Thursday, August 8, 2013 at 3:45 PM - Response #12

Now you can get in touch with Monster and Candy soon! Wink

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.