ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Name default

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/31/09 11:46 AM Views: 1255 Replies: 5
Saturday, January 31, 2009 at 11:46 AM

We have a classmate whose name is "KC." Not "K.C."

I think the program assumes that the second letter is lower case, so that if someone types in the name "JO" or "jo", it will come out "Jo."

Our classmate's name comes out "Kc.

Is there any way that we can get his name to show up correctly?

Thanks.

Saturday, January 31, 2009 at 3:08 PM - Response #1

Yes, just click on Manage Classmates and change it any way you want. Our system only makes that assumption 1 time. Reason being, many people will import class lists in all upper case. The sytem doesn't have room for all upper case names because the characters are much wider than lower case characters. So our system automatically sets everything to mixed case no matter what. You can simply edit and override this though on any name you want.

Sunday, February 1, 2009 at 1:27 AM - Response #2

Thank you!

Sunday, February 1, 2009 at 12:57 PM - Response #3

Actually, the place I'm looking at where it's still showing up as mixed case is on the list of Classmate Profiles.

Even after I changed it in Manage Classmates, on that page his name still shows up as "Kc."

Sunday, February 1, 2009 at 1:29 PM - Response #4

Weird, you're right. The system used to allow the override on the second edit and thereafter. Apparently something we've added recently has broken the override. I'll have a programmer take a look at this next week and restore it to allowing the override.

Sunday, February 1, 2009 at 2:21 PM - Response #5

Thanks again.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.