ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Multiple URLs (domain names)

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/26/16 10:18 AM Views: 887 Replies: 2
Friday, February 26, 2016 at 10:18 AM

We mailed our Save The Date cards this week, but unfortunately, there was a typo in the URL for the CC website. EmbarassedCrying or Very sad Can't believe I missed it when proofing the cards.

Anyway, I registered the bad name on classnames.net, and set up the URL forwarding. (Added another A record). Interestingly enough, when I registered the new domain name, it populated with the same information as the real domain name. The redirect appears to work in MY browser (Chrome), the same one I used to register the new domain name.

However, when I try it from another browser and / or computer, I get a message that says the website is not connected to my CC site. So, I tried to add the new domain name under 'Register Domain', and got this message "Sorry, the domain www.camdensc76.org is currently linked to 98.124.199.99 and cannot be used. It must be linked to 69.41.171.205." Question

Edited 02/26/16 10:29 AM
Friday, February 26, 2016 at 10:24 AM - Response #1

I edited the new domain to properly forward to the original domain. The forwarding line in the record was fine, however, there were also several conflicting A Records that just needed to be removed so the URL redirect would take priority. Everything should be all set now.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Friday, February 26, 2016 at 2:44 PM - Response #2

Very Happy Hugs! Thank you!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.