ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

guest access issue

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/12/13 09:21 PM Views: 915 Replies: 5
Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 9:21 PM

We have a few "guest" members that I would like to give access to the site pages, but still keep them on the "guest" list. Is there any way to do that?

Larry

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 10:00 PM - Response #1

I think you want to do this

Manage Classmates
Enter/Edit Classmates
Add the guest as a classmate
Edit the new classmate's DETAILS page
Choose "show on class list" and choose the " as a guest " option

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 10:09 PM - Response #2

That's what I have already and she reports not being able to access the pages. Do I have another problem?

Actually, you are suggesting that I check two of the choices and the software does not allow that. Only one. Either class list or guest access.

LarryQuestion

Edited 02/12/13 10:11 PM
Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 10:21 PM - Response #3

No, only check the "show as guest member" is all I am asking.

Show On Class List:        Yes No Show as Guest Member

Go to your Classmate Profiles, scroll to the bottom, is the classmate you want to add there? If so, is there a checkbox saying they have signed in yet? If not, they need to click on their name and then the JOIN HERE so they can join the website

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 12:30 PM - Response #4

I apologize for being stupid about this, but I am confused. Our subject person is logged into our website and is shown as a "guest". When I go to the edit classmates page and look at her profile, she is shown as a guest. However, she is not able to access all the website pages. I want to continue to show her as a guest, but allow access to the site pages. If you are instructing me to do specific steps to accomplish this, I do not understand the steps because they seem to me to be contradictory. Again, sorry for the confusion.

larry

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 12:35 PM - Response #5

What is the person's name?

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.