ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Problems amending a registration to add a guest

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/16/15 02:15 PM Views: 1418 Replies: 5
Sunday, August 16, 2015 at 2:15 PM

We have an issue where people want to edit their registration sometime later than when they originally registered, to add a guest to one or more activities.

You can't just add a guest to an existing registration without adding the classmate who is hosting the guest. The only way to add a guest is select 2 as the quantity attending the event, in which case the classmate is also included in the registration. If you add 1 as the quantity, there is no way to enter a guest name because the code is assuming that if you are registering 1, it is the classmate whom you are registering.

When it comes time to check out, the classmate will find that they need to pay for themselves again, even if they have already paid, if they want to add a guest to their registration. There is no way to adjust the checkout page so that you are only paying for the guest.

We've had this situation occur a number of times for our 50th Reunion.

It would really be helpful if CC made it easier for admins to edit registrations in light of both additions and cancellations (without involving charges or refunds from Paypal or other funding sources) -- perhaps simply having a check box asking if the transaction should be correlated with paypal, or perhaps a sync function, would be the best way to do this.

Monday, August 17, 2015 at 4:57 PM - Response #1

We do understand that this is an issue. We do plan to address this in the off season. As of the moment, the only option is to refund / delete the original transaction and then add a new transaction with the guest. I will let the programmers know that this is a repeated request in case they can come up with a better solution sooner than later.

Monday, January 16, 2017 at 4:32 PM - Response #2

This issue is a BIG pain in the butt, especially with PayPal/credit cards. I was wondering which "off season" we would see a fix from you guys? We really need this one!

Monday, January 16, 2017 at 4:58 PM - Response #3

While still on the list, I do not know when this is scheduled to be addressed.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 7:45 AM - Response #4

Hey Scott,

Ask them if they can give us some kind of work around that we don't have to refund a classmates money (PayPal) and then re-register, just to add a guest. This is silly! Remind them that they promised to do this in the "off season" in 2015. I think the subscribers have been patient enough... Thanks...

Sunday, September 5, 2021 at 8:33 PM - Response #5

Hey Scott,
I have the same problem in 2021.
I can't refund cc's because our reunion was postponed.
This should have happened in May of 2020.
Right now, I'm adding both and comping the price.
I'll deal with the inaccurate count later...

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.