ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Adding a widget to the Classmate Profiles page

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/14/11 10:28 PM Views: 1515 Replies: 2
Wednesday, September 14, 2011 at 10:28 PM
Source Code for Countdown Clock.txt

I have successfully created a countdown clock widget and have added it to several of my site pages. However, I would also like to add it to my Classmate Profiles page in the upper right-hand corner. How do I do that?

Attached is the source for my widget.

Thank you,

Bill

Thursday, September 15, 2011 at 8:38 AM - Response #1

For the actual HTML code, if you paste it into any of the comment areas, it should work.

As for the positioning in the upper-right-hand corner, you can create an HTML DIV element and then do absolute positioning to position the DIV element and then have the JavaScript codes of your count-down clock inside of the DIV element. That might work.

Tab 3 of the website below gives an example of absolute positioning in the top-right corner using CSS. The CSS would then be used in the class= field of the DIV element.

http://www.barelyfitz.com/screencast/html-training/css/positioning/

Friday, September 16, 2011 at 1:03 AM - Response #2

Kyle, Your comment got me to thinking that it should be possible to overlay completely the CC design and create a 100% custom page from A-Z using div. And it is.

Don't have a use for this at the moment, but it was a fun experiment. Here's a sample proof of concept (using a page offsite, but could be stored on CC just as well).

CUSTOM PAGE

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.