ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Reunion name badges

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/16/08 12:37 PM Views: 5108 Replies: 16
Wednesday, July 16, 2008 at 12:37 PM

Has anyone figured out how to export the data (including class photos) in order to create name badges for a reunion?

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 at 1:03 PM - Response #1

If I am understanding you correctly - are you trying to copy photos that are on your site to create name badges. If this is so all you need to do is copy and paste them in to My Pictures and then import them into the name badge template that you will be using. Hopefully this will help you.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 at 1:31 PM - Response #2

There is a great software called Reunite1 and you can use it to print photo badges, print memory books, keep track of financies, etc. It is about 59.00 but well worth the price. It also keeps another database of your classmates and additional information that you may want to keep seperate from the class.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 at 2:42 PM - Response #3

Thanks for the tip. I had hoped that class creator would have a simple export feature so that photos, given name and married name could be merged with a name badge template on Word or similar. I'm going to try to add a "photo" field to the .csv file that contains the names and address info, and try a mail merge.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 at 11:43 PM - Response #4

Oh, that would be great! Let us know how that works out, please.

Thursday, July 17, 2008 at 9:39 PM - Response #5

Thanks for the information. When I google the name "Reunite1", I am not returning valid results. Can you provide more information regarding this?

Thanks for your help,
Candice

Saturday, July 19, 2008 at 12:58 AM - Response #6

Where did you find the Reunite1 software? This sounds like a great investment!!

Thanks, Terre

Saturday, July 19, 2008 at 4:28 AM - Response #7

The Reunite software is here: http://www.minutiaesoftware.com/reunion.htm

Note, we are currently taking suggestions for "Reunion Planner II." For the next reunion planner we've got many enhancements on the table, including:

1) Replacing the custom questions section with essentially a copy of the Survey Maker funtionality

2) Better reporting (how many people are having the chicken dinner, how many are having vegetarian, etc.)

3) Replacement of ordering mechanism with a more traditinoal "add to cart" type system.

If anyone has any suggestions for Reunion Planner II just post them right here in this forum.

Sunday, July 20, 2008 at 11:05 AM - Response #8

Broderbund has a good and inexpensive software for making calendars, business cards, badges, banners etc.
The Print Shop

I made dh a personal calendar for christmas a few years ago. Each page had a theme and had photos collaged from the beginning of our relationship. I imported all Canadian, American and Jewish holidays into it (my dh is Jewish, I am not) and it even lets you choose little icons for the holidays inside the calendar.

I've made greeting cards, business cards and I'm sure you can make reunion badges too because you can tell it what size the card/paper is that you will be printing to.

One thing that needst to be considered when making your own badges is the cost of ink vs. the cost to have them made at STaples. Our badges will have the grad photo on them so we can recognize people since many people change. To do it on my printer, the cost of ink would far surpass the cost to have them printed elsewhere.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008 at 1:58 PM - Response #9

Does anyone have an updated suggestions for the quickest way to make photo name badges? The reunite sampler software doesn't really explain much of how it will look, & I'm hitting a brick wall with name badge labels, etc.

What is everyone doing for their upcoming (soon) events?

Thanks! Smile

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at 11:02 AM - Response #10
Teacher Name Badges.pdf

I created a Microsoft Access Database to keep track of classmates, pictures, etc., and created a report to print name badges to fit the size of available templates/holders. This application works well for sharing information with others involved in the planning process. Attached is a PDF file of the badges I created for teachers we expect to attend.

Edited 09/11/08 2:50 PM
Saturday, September 13, 2008 at 8:28 PM - Response #11

I am so impressed. Unfortunately, I do not know or have access. Great job!

Wednesday, August 5, 2009 at 12:24 PM - Response #12

Can you give or send detailed instructions on how you did these. They look great!

Wednesday, August 5, 2009 at 6:04 PM - Response #13

It would be great to have a toggle for allowing classmates to enter their own amount in the reunion store. Admins could leave it off for items like tickets, tshirts, etc, but turn it on to accept donations. Personally, I do not like dealing with PayPal for our donations. I would much rather process it all here.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009 at 6:14 PM - Response #14

Good idea, I'll add that to Kevin's list, thanks.

Monday, September 14, 2009 at 8:44 AM - Response #15

I would love detailed information on how you did the badges in Access.

Thanks

Donna

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 at 9:15 PM - Response #16

I have Access and would like to see your instructions before our Reunion this September. Thanks!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.