ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Survey Numbers

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/31/09 06:46 AM Views: 1425 Replies: 6
Saturday, January 31, 2009 at 6:46 AM

Dear Brad. I recently put Survey 2 active on my site and 11 people so far have responded. I have a total of 71 classmates on the site so I should have a list of 60 who have not responded yet. On the bottom of my survey, it shows 11 have responded and 50 have not. I notice the list of "have nots" also includes 3 Guest Only members. Where oh where did my other 13 classmates go??

Saturday, January 31, 2009 at 9:15 AM - Response #1

Should NON DISPLAYABLE GUEST members be shown in the survey results as not participating? Can they even participate in the survey? Currently, they are being shown as not taking the survey.

Saturday, January 31, 2009 at 9:37 PM - Response #2

Beats me. I counted it every which way, and no # I came up with matches the # being reported on the site. I'll have to have Kevin explain this count to me. I'm stumped.

Edited 01/31/09 9:37 PM
Monday, February 2, 2009 at 2:32 AM - Response #3

Fixed. Note, the #'s do include Guest Members, and don't include deceased Classmates who obviously could not participate.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009 at 10:23 PM - Response #4

Dear Brad. Why are Guest Members included? I noticed the new e-mail feature at the bottom of the survey and Guest Members are included in that too. I don't think they should be included since I am only surveying my classmates opinion, not guests.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 12:03 AM - Response #5

Bonnie Andrian wrote:

Dear Brad. Why are Guest Members included? I noticed the new e-mail feature at the bottom of the survey and Guest Members are included in that too. I don't think they should be included since I am only surveying my classmates opinion, not guests.

It also looks like "Non Displaying Guests" are also included in the counts. If they aren't displayed, why are they counted?

Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 1:02 AM - Response #6

Because Guest Members are true members of your site, and have the ability to fill out surveys. In this particular case I understand you don't want to survey your Guest Members, so simply don't do that. Smile But if you ever do want to, or if anybody else wants to, you can do that. Trust me, if we were to exclude Guest Members from taking surveys, the very second we did that we'd get somebody complaining that their guest members can't participate in surveys... That's why they're included. When Guest Member Rights launches, if you don't want to display a Survey to a Guest Member at all, you'll be able to simply not show the link.

Edited 02/04/09 1:03 AM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.