ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

How to add email question to profile

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/25/09 12:35 PM Views: 1374 Replies: 3
Wednesday, November 25, 2009 at 12:35 PM

How can I add a place for classmates to put their email address on their profile?
Thanks!

Wednesday, November 25, 2009 at 4:54 PM - Response #1

Use the Profile Generator feature to add any additional questions you want for classmates. The Profile Generator page has instructions how to use that feature.

The FAQs page (question 19) has some ideas about other questions you can add with Profile Generator.

http://www.classcreator.com/faqs.html

If classmates do add their E-mail to their profile, you probably want to make sure that their profiles are LOCKED so that they aren't visible to non-logged in classmates. So they don't get SPAM e-mails.

Edited 11/25/09 4:55 PM
Wednesday, November 25, 2009 at 8:00 PM - Response #2

Thank you for your reply. I understand how to add questions to the profile page. However, if I add the category, then go to my profile and enter my email address, it's not an active link. That's the answer I'm after - how to make that category an clickable email link. Thanks for any suggestions on how to accomplish it.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009 at 8:24 PM - Response #3

Technically people could do it, but only if they know html link code, which most won't. I have to second what Kyle said though, I really don't recommend doing that. If you do and any Profiles are not locked down to only fellow Classmates, search engines and spam bots can and WILL send spam email to those addresses, probably making your Classmates quite angry. You can already email Classmates without knowing their email address anyway, and once you're communicating with a Classmate you could certainly trade private email addresses at that point.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.