ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Where to upload Graduation Program

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/04/10 08:43 PM Views: 2367 Replies: 14
Thursday, March 4, 2010 at 8:43 PM

I would like to add our Commencement Program to our site, but I'm not sure where to put it. Should I upload it to the Gallery Creator or is there a better place for it? Also, it was sent to me as a .pdf, but I would rather see each page (.jpg?) on our website than just have a link to the document.
I think I have reached the extent of my technical expertise....help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thursday, March 4, 2010 at 8:58 PM - Response #1

One idea:
if it is in PDF format, you could upload it to www.issuu.com. It is a free site that will change your PDF to a page-turnable document you can embed on your website. The pages can turn automatically and when the classmate clicks on the document, they can see the whole file.

If you visit www.issuu.com you can see sample documents.

Edited 03/04/10 9:00 PM
Thursday, March 4, 2010 at 10:09 PM - Response #2

melissa,
as kyle suggested ... i have our commencement program loaded onto issuu, as well as one of our yearbooks, and it works fantastic. have you been to issuu yet? it's a great avenue to use to put up books. it's easy, and classmates really think it is cool too. makes your site look more professional, i think.
i have an entire customizable page dedicated to our yearbooks, and i put the commencement program under our senior yearbook.
~ melodie

Thursday, March 4, 2010 at 10:24 PM - Response #3

I'll check out issuu.com and let you know how it works.
Thanks!!

Friday, March 5, 2010 at 10:54 AM - Response #4

At the risk of sounding like an idiot, I went to issuu.com and did the conversion and it worked fine; however, when I go to "edit page", there is an option to put in a link, but they ask for the url. Where does the embed code go?

Friday, March 5, 2010 at 11:29 AM - Response #5

On the issuu.com website, they will have a button called Embed. Click on that button. Make the different layout customizations, then copy the Embed Code.

Back on ClassCreator, Edit the Custom Page or Home Page Contents and position the cursor where you want the book. Type "PASTE HERE" and then click the SOURCE button.

Search for the words "PASTE HERE" and then delete the words PASTE HERE (it was just temporary). Then paste the Embed Codes copied from issuu.com

Friday, March 5, 2010 at 10:33 PM - Response #6

Now THAT was helpful! Thanks.

Saturday, March 6, 2010 at 8:52 AM - Response #7

I went to ISSU and uploaded the 5 pages of our Commencement program, but unfortunately I am stuck. I do not understand how to get it into booklet form. Can any of you that have used it help me out? Frances

Saturday, March 6, 2010 at 9:10 AM - Response #8

Frances,

After you have created your publication and saved it, you should be able to see the "My Library" link. Click on that link.

You should see the booklet form of your Graduation Program. Click on it.

You can now see a link on the page that says "Embed". Click on that link. You will see some options like "Size", "Color", "Auto Flip", etc. Choose how you want the publication to work and then select all of the text in the "Embed Code" window.

Now return to your website and follow the steps above (in this thread) to insert the Embed Codes into your website

Edited 03/06/10 9:11 AM
Saturday, March 6, 2010 at 11:33 AM - Response #9

I am sorry, but I thought I followed everything correctly but if you look under my MEMORABILIA link, the pages do not turn.
I saved all 5 pages as one pdf document. Then uploaded into library. Then clicked embed. Then I checked for show buttons, background color and then auto flip off for one and auto flip on for a second one.
I just do not understand what I am doing wrong.
My name is xxxx on issu and password is xxxx. If you need to see more of what I'm doing.
Thank you, Frances

Edited 03/06/10 11:39 AM
Saturday, March 6, 2010 at 11:41 AM - Response #10

Frances,

I looked at your Issuu account and it seems you have five one-page documents. Since each are just one page, there is no page turning possible.

What you need to do is put all five pages of your graduation program in a single PDF file, then upload it to Issuu.com. Then there will be different pages to turn.

Since this is a public forum, I deleted your username/password for Issuu.com in the above post.

Saturday, March 6, 2010 at 12:06 PM - Response #11

Thank you, well I realized that I did that wrong and so I had already did what you said to do. The first one in my library should have all 5 pages and that is the one I clicked on to embed. Frances

Saturday, March 6, 2010 at 12:14 PM - Response #12

Well you are right there is only one page there, I thought I saved all 5 together. I must be saving them wrong. I will go back and try to figure why I am not getting them all into one PDF file.

Saturday, March 6, 2010 at 6:50 PM - Response #13

Kyle,
Just thought I'd let you know that Frances figured it out.
Thanks for your help with this !

Saturday, March 6, 2010 at 8:32 PM - Response #14

Thanks so much for your and Melodie's help. It is so much fun to learn something new for the website!!!!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.