ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Update on Question re: Class Store

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/22/15 05:02 PM Views: 760 Replies: 1
Wednesday, July 22, 2015 at 5:02 PM

A couple of days ago I posted a question in the New Features Forum category asking if anyway had run into the situation where SSA was charging more than the $4.95 flat charge we were quoted when we set up the store. When I didn't hear from anyone, I sent a inquiry to SSA.

I heard back from them and this is what they replied.

We are currently running a 10% off sale. This happens from time to time and because of the 10% discount we have to charge the rate we are charged by our shipper. Next month prices will be back to standard flat rate. In the meantime I’d be glad to discount your shipping rate if you would like to order. Simply order and let me know your order number and will refund a portion of the shipping charges to reflect flat rate.

First of all, I am posting this as a head's up to anyone who has an SSA store on their website. We had five orders go out at the higher shipping charges and although he talks about adjusting future orders, I believe they should also refund the difference for the five classmates who have already ordered their goods. (Note: Several of the items ordered are not subject to the 10% discount so their higher shipping charges results in a much higher overall cost.)

Second, as a lecturer on ethics, I am probably much more sensitive to issues like this than most; so I am asking whether you believe a company should do this (I am sure any lawyers will weigh on on whether they can or not).

Just looking for some feedback.

Art Berkowitz

Edited 07/22/15 5:05 PM
Wednesday, July 22, 2015 at 6:39 PM - Response #1

Let me get this straight:

1. There's a flat shipping charge of $4.95

2. Except if there's a "sale" and then the shipping charge is more (to make up for the 'sale' price I guess).

My 2 cents: Weirdly illogical and illegal/unethical (if they actually promised the flat rate with no conditions).

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.