ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

"unmissing" classmate

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/04/08 12:48 AM Views: 1259 Replies: 4
Thursday, September 4, 2008 at 12:48 AM

We have a classmate that does not want to be listed as missing but does not want to share any information or be removed from the list.
How can we do this?

Thursday, September 4, 2008 at 12:55 AM - Response #1

A few options you may consider:

1) Complete any field with any information at all. Like type one word in the Comments field for example. This would cause them to no longer appear as missing if you are using the default Missing Classmate criteria.

2) Click Edit Site Pages, and then click the Edit button next to your Missing Classmates page. Try changing the criteria to something else so the person no longer appears as missing.

3) Make this person an invisible guest member. This way they will still have access to view the entire site including any protected areas. But since they won't appear on the class list, they won't have to share any information with anybody.

Thursday, September 4, 2008 at 6:51 AM - Response #2

Hi Brad -

I tried several variations on your suggestion #1 on one missing person as a test, but none worked. I put a word in a street address and also a word in a comments box and that person still stayed missing.

-Tom

Thursday, September 4, 2008 at 10:56 PM - Response #3

I don't see how that can be. Have you refreshed your browser by clicking the reload or refresh button? If you do that and this person still shows as Missing, please private message me the name of this Classmate so I can investigate further.

Saturday, September 6, 2008 at 6:59 AM - Response #4

Closing the loop on this after discussing offline, if you set your Missing Classmates as the first selection, Consider Missing Classmates to be all Classmates who have not joined the site, then they stay on the list no matter what you do to their profile.

That leaves you with a decision. In our case, we may have an e-mail or a street address entered but we can't really confirm it until that person raises their hand by signing in. We choose to leave them listed as missing until they take ownership of their account even though we may have some unverified info on them.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.