ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Statistics show Visitors NOT listed in class?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/23/10 12:36 PM Views: 1648 Replies: 6
Friday, April 23, 2010 at 12:36 PM

I have a couple of registered members like newspaper reporters that are not listed in a class and not listed as a Guest Member. Do their names show up in statistics if they log in?

Friday, April 23, 2010 at 4:25 PM - Response #1

What you have is what we often call "Invisible Guest Members". And no, for the most part they will not show up in statistics, but it does depend on the specific statistic. For instance you'd be able to see them on the Last Logins table. And they would also affect your overall site hit count. But the Invisible Guest is not going to show up in such things as percentage of registered members, etc.

Monday, October 11, 2010 at 10:16 AM - Response #2

On a slightly different question, can we get a log in record ( in statistics) of the usage of our System Password? I give this out to siblings of deceased classmates when they ask to view In Memory section. I'd like to know when/that they do actually log in so I know it worked for them. I realize I could instead add them as a guest, but some are not interested in being a member of our site.
Any other ideas?
Thanks for everything you do!!!

Monday, October 11, 2010 at 11:29 AM - Response #3

Bob Lundeen wrote:

On a slightly different question, can we get a log in record ( in statistics) of the usage of our System Password? I give this out to siblings of deceased classmates when they ask to view In Memory section. I'd like to know when/that they do actually log in so I know it worked for them. I realize I could instead add them as a guest, but some are not interested in being a member of our site.
Any other ideas?
Thanks for everything you do!!!

I suggest you change your password immediately. It would be too easy for one of those quest to accidently delete or make changes to all your hard work.

Instead, add them to the site and on the question about adding them to the list, select "no." You will be asked to assign them a password of their own. They don't appear in the list and you can remove them later if needed.

You can also put in their email address when you create their profile so that all they have to do is log in and have access to everything without having to fill in anything on their profile.

Bottom line, please protect your system password. Accidents do happen.

Another suggestion is that you unprotect the In Memory page and then anyone can see it.

Hope this helps,
Cheryl

Monday, October 11, 2010 at 1:31 PM - Response #4

Maybe it was simply wishful thinking on my part, or a suggestion from another admin,but I BELIEVE they are working on something like allowing passwords to expire after a given period of time.
On our site, I simply let the sibling join as a guest, so it is not an issue.

Monday, October 11, 2010 at 2:09 PM - Response #5

Just to clarify, "I suggest you change your password immediately. It would be too easy for one of those quest to accidentally delete or make changes to all your hard work" isn't actually true. The System Password merely allows a non member to access password-protected areas of the web site, and restricted Classmate Profiles IF the Admin has also allowed the System Password to access those. Other than accessing protected pages that's all the System Password does. I.E. knowing the System Password doesn't allow you to go in and change anything on the site at all.

Monday, October 11, 2010 at 7:12 PM - Response #6

Thanks for the clarification. I did add the guest as a user and changed the system password as a fresh start since it has been a while any.
Thanks again!!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.