ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Placing items side by side

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/23/08 04:06 PM Views: 1716 Replies: 5
Thursday, October 23, 2008 at 4:06 PM

Don't know if this was asked before but I'd like to put a couple of widgets, or text boxes or announcement boxes side by side on a page instead of having everything lined up top to bottom. I tried putting the widgets in text boxes on Word and downloading them (using the Word download tool) but all I got was the HTLM writing. If you look at the bottom of my Home page. I have 2 widgets in an announcement box. I had put them in 2 separate announcement boxes but they showed up in one, one above the other. I'd like them side by side. Is there a way to do it?
Thanks.Confused

Edited 10/24/08 2:08 AM
Friday, October 24, 2008 at 2:15 AM - Response #1

There are a variety of ways to do this, but here's the easiest way probably:

1. Insert a table 1 row x 2 columns
2. In column 1 type "WIDGET 1 HERE"
3. iN COLUMN 2 TYPE "widget 2 HERE"
4. Click the Source button on your editor to go into code view
5. locate your WIDGET 1 HERE text and delete it, and replace it with your widget 1 code.
6. Locate your WIDGET 2 HERE text and delete it, and replace it with your widget 2 code.
7. Save your page and view it live
8. You'll see your embeded objects are side by side now

Note: The objects will be vertically centered in relation to one another. If you want them to start at the same point on the page (i.e. the top of the table) then you'll need to set the alignment of each of the table cells to "top".

Edited 10/24/08 2:16 AM
Friday, October 24, 2008 at 8:53 PM - Response #2

Thank you very much.

Saturday, October 25, 2008 at 12:58 AM - Response #3

Check your site in Firefox Joy. Objects are too large for your content column. www.firefox.com.

Edited 10/25/08 12:59 AM
Saturday, October 25, 2008 at 1:09 PM - Response #4

Brad....I normally go through my regular home page, MSN. Just for the heck of it I checked our site via "F0XFIRE" (never heard of it before) and the homepage is messed up....is it because I have those Halloween animations on the page? Other wise everything else is from the edit section?

JIM

Sunday, October 26, 2008 at 8:22 PM - Response #5

42% of Internet users now use Firefox. So it's very good that you're looking.

No, your gif animations you added to the page are no problem at all. But all the hard spaces you added are. I zapped 'em for ya since I was in there.

For more information on the hard space problem and how to fix it see this thread.

Edited 10/26/08 8:23 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.