ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Your Canadian Maple Syrup is on the way Brad!

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/31/10 08:20 PM Views: 2554 Replies: 17
Saturday, July 31, 2010 at 8:20 PM

I bought you a couple of extra Maple Syrup goodies. Let me know when you get it. And you must promise me that you let your mom make pancakes for the entire Class Creator staff! You guys are so awesome. Always answering my e-mails within a couple of hours. As the one gentlemen said: what business today is on call 24/7 to answer all your questions and guide you through any problem you may have. I am totally impressed with Class Creators. Guess what Brad? I am now going to be "Chair" lol of my family reunion web site. I've learned so much by chairing our high school reunion that I decided to get my family together for one "HUGE" family reunion next July. There are close to 200 immediate family members. My grandma had 9 children, with 8 still alive. Some are in Alberta, North Carolina, and the rest spread out throughout Canada itself. I'll be starting a new site with Class Creators for the "TOKARZ REUNION". We are polish and are a very close knit bunch. Crazy as loons but we have a ball when we get together. We just love life, what can I say? Honestly I haven't even met half of my cousins, second cousins, etc. But I will next year. I have the momentum and in the next couple of weeks, I will be forming the "TOKARZ FAMILY SITE". My family laughs at how much energy I have, but honestly with your support there is nothing I can't do.
Please let me know when your goodies arrive.
Cheers!
Diane(Tokarz)Michiels

Saturday, July 31, 2010 at 8:42 PM - Response #1

Thank you Diane. I have to laugh just a little, you say it's rare to have someone "on call", but how rare is it to have customers sending Canadian maple syrup to the staff? I'm not so sure we're not getting the better end of the bargain. Smile

I have to let you in on a little secret: I'll be gone for the next month (don't tell anybody) crisscrossing the eastern part of the US. One of the things we're doing is camping with Dave Anderson. I doubt you'd know of him as I don't believe his restaurants are in Canada, but Dave founded the "Famous Dave's" BBQ restaurant chain here in the states. So I want you to know that I'm taking your syrup up to Famous Dave's cabins, my mother will in fact be there too, and Famous Dave will be eating your maple syrup on his pancakes at least one of the mornings we're there. I'll try to get a picture of Dave eating your syrup and I'll post it here.

Your family sounds wonderful. Good luck with the family site, as always just let me know if you have any questions. In fact I hope you'll have many Diane, as at some point we're going to need more syrup. Smile

Saturday, July 31, 2010 at 9:05 PM - Response #2

This is the least I can do for such a great guy.(I am a good judge of character) trust me on that one. I come from a long lineage of Pollacks lol. I thought I was excited about doing my reunion site, now I'm on a new mission for my family. They are, after all, first and foremost on my list of priorities in life. My cousins are super excited as they know nothing about reunion sites, so no matter how much I screw up(tee hee), they will still think I'm a genius.LOL. Enjoy your month's holiday. You definitely deserve it. I just mailed your syrup goodies out this afternoon, priority mail(tells you how important you areSmile, so I expect you to receive it in the next week. Enjoy it and just remember" we are your neighbours to the north". We Canucks really are nice people who take all the crap that's dished out to us, meaning our government, taxes and the newest HST, just shoved down our throats. We are paying 15% on every dollar we make. So try not to complain too much about your American tax system. "The grass really isn't greener on the other side, although our health system is superior to any nation in the world. We pay for nothing.Can't understand how the US, the most powerful country in the world has a health system one would expect in a third world country? I'm perplexed at this one....

Saturday, July 31, 2010 at 9:20 PM - Response #3

I only live 50 minutes from the Canada border so as you might imagine I've been through your country many times. Usually doing traditional stuff like going over to Niagara Falls, where we always stay on the Canadian side of course. Speaking of which, you haven't seen the Falls until you've seen it from the Maid of the Mist. That's something everybody should do if they have the chance. Canada is an exceptional and beautiful country, you should all be very proud.

Now, I'm not touching your health care comment with a 10 foot pole, but there's one thing I do know: While you Admins from the south and Admins from the north debate that one, I'll be on a beautiful lake with a bottle of Canadian maple syrup. Now be nice. If you need anything, ask Jessica. Smile

Saturday, July 31, 2010 at 9:41 PM - Response #4
HHS-Cover.jpg

Diane,
I will be joining you in building a family web site with CC after we finish our class reunion. Right now I'm up to my eyes getting ready for it. I'm presently trying to get our Alumni book to printers so it will be ready at the reunion for all our classmates. It will be a premium 150+ page book with color and black and white. I think all our classmates will be surprised and proud of the book.
I'm jealous of Brad and his Canadian Maple Syrup. We don't have anything like that here in the south.
Have a good vacation Brad (it seems your secret is out)
I have attached a pic of our Alumni Book. Thought you might like to see it.
Classmate Jimmy Z

Edited 07/31/10 10:02 PM
Saturday, July 31, 2010 at 9:50 PM - Response #5

Diane Michiels wrote:

I bought you a couple of extra Maple Syrup goodies. Let me know when you get it. And you must promise me that you let your mom make pancakes for the entire Class Creator staff! You guys are so awesome. Always answering my e-mails within a couple of hours. As the one gentlemen said: what business today is on call 24/7 to answer all your questions and guide you through any problem you may have. I am totally impressed with Class Creators. Guess what Brad? I am now going to be "Chair" lol of my family reunion web site. I've learned so much by chairing our high school reunion that I decided to get my family together for one "HUGE" family reunion next July. There are close to 200 immediate family members. My grandma had 9 children, with 8 still alive. Some are in Alberta, North Carolina, and the rest spread out throughout Canada itself. I'll be starting a new site with Class Creators for the "TOKARZ REUNION". We are polish and are a very close knit bunch. Crazy as loons but we have a ball when we get together. We just love life, what can I say? Honestly I haven't even met half of my cousins, second cousins, etc. But I will next year. I have the momentum and in the next couple of weeks, I will be forming the "TOKARZ FAMILY SITE". My family laughs at how much energy I have, but honestly with your support there is nothing I can't do.
Please let me know when your goodies arrive.
Cheers!
Diane(Tokarz)Michiels

Well, I feel like a total schmuck. If you knew the patience this man REALLY has, having dealt with me and my stupid questions for two years!!!!...And no maple syrup or anything close in appreciation. I love your enthusiasm ...sounds like your Family Site will be a real winner. Good luck. Bonita

Saturday, July 31, 2010 at 10:10 PM - Response #6

Being a northern girl originally, I am particularly fond of homemade maple syrup. Of course, it is non-existent here in NC, but H-T carries a fair 100% commercial maple syrup. But, BEWARE! once you try it, you will probably be addicted.

Love your web site. I'm sure your reunion will be terrific.

Saturday, July 31, 2010 at 10:17 PM - Response #7
HHS-Cover.jpg

Jim Zeman wrote:

...I'm presently trying to get our Alumni book to printers so it will be ready at the reunion for all our classmates. It will be a premium 150+ page book with color and black and white. I think all our classmates will be surprised and proud of the book...Classmate Jimmy Z

Wow, Jimmy that's an ambitious undertaking! We'll all want to learn more after your event. Is there going to be a digital copy?

Saturday, July 31, 2010 at 10:30 PM - Response #8

Yes, here is a issuu.com link of our first draft. Please keep in mind this is a draft and is full of typos and errors. Note: we decided to get ads for the book just like in High School Annual to pay for the book. We never thought we would get enough ads to more than pay for the Alumni Book. Please keep this book private. I will share with you the finished piece when finished.

Issue.com linkK: http://issuu.com/zemandemon/docs/2010_alumnibookdraft?viewMode=magazine

Saturday, July 31, 2010 at 11:19 PM - Response #9

Jimmy,

Your reunion book is outstanding. Obviously a lot of planning and hard work went into it, but sure to be appreciated by your classmates.

A book of some sort is anticipated for our 2012 gathering. When you get a chance, curious if (1) your yearbook actually had color portraits or did you run it through a colorization/software routine? and (2) what kind of fee structure did you use for the full, half, and quarter page ads?

Bob

Saturday, July 31, 2010 at 11:24 PM - Response #10

Wow! I am really impressed with the scope of the project -- and see from your bio in there that you have a background in design. It shows!

More in an email, Jimmy.

Sunday, August 1, 2010 at 2:32 AM - Response #11

Brad Switzer wrote:

I'll be on a beautiful lake with a bottle of Canadian maple syrup.

And to think it was "I" who let Diane in on that "lil secret Brad,"Rolling Eyes and I can't even have any! Doctor's Orders!

I do happen to have a pint bottle of Genuine Canadian Maple Syrup a friend gave, which I hope in a couple years I can sample--so in the meantime E-N-J-O-Y!Razz

This product does improve with age doesn't it DianeQuestionQuestion

Edited 08/01/10 2:34 AM
Tuesday, August 10, 2010 at 1:00 AM - Response #12

FYI here at cabins in WI, syrup didn't show up before I left unfortunately. Most likely delayed at customs. Will have to get it when I get back, but we will definitely have an office pancake breakfast shortly after I return.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 at 1:03 AM - Response #13
HHS-Cover.jpg

Jim Zeman wrote:

Diane,
I will be joining you in building a family web site with CC after we finish our class reunion. Right now I'm up to my eyes getting ready for it. I'm presently trying to get our Alumni book to printers so it will be ready at the reunion for all our classmates. It will be a premium 150+ page book with color and black and white. I think all our classmates will be surprised and proud of the book.
I'm jealous of Brad and his Canadian Maple Syrup. We don't have anything like that here in the south.
Have a good vacation Brad (it seems your secret is out)
I have attached a pic of our Alumni Book. Thought you might like to see it.
Classmate Jimmy Z

Wow Jimmy, I am totally impressed that you would undertake such a huge task. Organizing a 58 yr. reunion had me on my toes. Kudos to you! I will be following your site and wish you the best of luck, although I doubt you'll need it. I can only imagine the joy your alumni will feel when they get to see the finished product......

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 at 1:09 AM - Response #14

Brad Switzer wrote:

FYI here at cabins in WI, syrup didn't show up before I left unfortunately. Most likely delayed at customs. Will have to get it when I get back, but we will definitely have an office pancake breakfast shortly after I return.

Darn those custom agents. They are probably pouring your Maple Syrup on their pancakes as we speakWink Oh well, good things come to those who wait. When someone at your office signs for it, please let me know. Have a great holiday Brad..

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 at 1:13 AM - Response #15

John Christman wrote:

Brad Switzer wrote:
I'll be on a beautiful lake with a bottle of Canadian maple syrup.

And to think it was "I" who let Diane in on that "lil secret Brad,"Rolling Eyes and I can't even have any! Doctor's Orders!

I do happen to have a pint bottle of Genuine Canadian Maple Syrup a friend gave, which I hope in a couple years I can sample--so in the meantime E-N-J-O-Y!Razz

This product does improve with age doesn't it DianeQuestionQuestion

LOL. Yes it does John, just like fine wine and women in generalWink

Monday, August 30, 2010 at 11:00 AM - Response #16

Diane,

With the maple syrup missing the boat for the cabin and then I wound up down south for a week, we just got to trying your maple syrup and maple candy this morning. And just as I expected it was indeed WONDERFUL. I still need to share it with some more Class Creator staff.

We all want to send you a big THANK YOU for sending this, we enjoyed it very much and appreciate it. So here's some smiles from all of us:

Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy

Wednesday, September 1, 2010 at 9:11 PM - Response #17

Hi Brad,
I was beginning to think those border agents really DID confiscate your Maple Syrup. Happy to know it arrived and that you and your gang enjoyed it. I've been enjoying this ridiculously hot summer in Ontario. Glad for A/C and a big pool. (not mine but my son's who just happens to reside next door)lol. I'm admitting to neglecting my web site lately, but have mass e-mailed everyone and promised to put some new and exciting material on it this fall to keep them coming back now that our reunion is over. I am just so impressed with all the admins on here and their multitudes of talent. So nice to share ideas with one another. We make each other look like geniuses and who doesn't like a little praise from our peersSmileLaughing

Cheers!
Diane(Tokarz)Michiels

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.