ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Wrong Name in Email correspondence

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/23/11 05:34 PM Views: 1158 Replies: 3
Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 5:34 PM

I officially rolled out our class website on yesterday. I had one member to register on 4/21/11 with no problem. I've notice that one member registered on 4/23/11 (Angela) and now all of the email correspondence is listing her name instead of mine.
Example

Angela....
noreply@classcreator.com

She does not have admin authority. How do I change it back immediately so that classmates aren't "wandering" when they see her name in the email instead of mine, committee chairperson?

Thanks!

Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 5:45 PM - Response #1

I did as you recommended in one other correspondence regarding this issue.....basically cleared out my Contacts. Problem solved.
Thanks!

Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 5:48 PM - Response #2

Hi Patricia...

This is happening through your personal email inbox on your computer.

The sending name is NOT the class member's name. We had this happen earlier.

Here's how it happens:

Your email program is assuming that "noreply@classcreator.net" is associated with that person because she was first person identified with the "from" name (but the sender name was "noreply@....".)

Each subsequent email you get from Class Creator as an admin comes from the "noreply@..." address and your email program says "Oh that must be Angela..."

It took some time for us to unwind the source of that mystery -- here on the Help Forums a few months ago.

You are the only one who is seeing Angela's name as the sender. Rolling EyesRolling Eyes

Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 6:17 PM - Response #3

Thanks John!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.