ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Gwen Is In!

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/24/13 01:26 PM Views: 1454 Replies: 40
Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 1:26 PM

As most of you know, Class Creator recently launched a new web site at www.classcreator.com. We also have a Facebook application launching next month called Class Connection. We are also going to be doing some online training via Google Hangouts as we expand our offerings and user base.

All of this spells the need for some extra help, and today we are announcing that Gwen Corey has "officially" come on board to assist in taking Class Creator to higher levels.

As many of you know, Gwen came into these forums and learned virtually all there is to know about Class Creator. She then founded TAP (The Admins Place -- www.theadminsplace.com) where she offers her time and services free of charge to help anybody who needs a hand with his or her class web site. Admins have been gathering every Wednesday evening at TAP to live chat about "all things Class Creator." Now think about that. How cool is that?

Given Gwen's expertise with the Class Creator system and our upcoming goals we thought she would be a perfect fit to give us a hand. Specifically, Gwen will be assisting with:

1) Answering questions posted in these forums
2) Answering questions submitted through our "Contact Us" form
3) Assigning issues to programmers and working with them through testing and completion
4) Running Google Hangouts to train on new Class Creator features and most importantly the upcoming Class Connection Facebook app.

Gwen Corey joins Kyle Erickson as the second Class Administrator to join the Class Creator team.

Please give a big welcome to somebody you already know well, Gwen Corey.

Edited 09/24/13 1:29 PM
Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 1:28 PM - Response #1

Welcome, Gwen! Wink

Oh. Oops! Cool

Edited 09/24/13 1:28 PM
Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 1:32 PM - Response #2

Just watch out for her sense of humor. Smile

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 1:32 PM - Response #3

Way to go, Gwen! And kudos to CC for recognizing talent when they see it. Makes for a nice team.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 1:33 PM - Response #4

Welcome, Gwen!!!

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 1:37 PM - Response #5

Kyle Erickson wrote:

Welcome, Gwen!!!

Posted twice. She must be somethin'. LOL

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 1:37 PM - Response #6

Congratulations, Gwen! Well deserved!

Dave Very Happy

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 1:39 PM - Response #7

Well, Gwen. I can see that our getting together to pick out furniture is out of the question. You will be too busy. Smile
All kidding aside, I really am happy for both you and CC that you now have a well deserved "official" position.
Congratulations. I'm certain we will be corresponding in the future and I am looking forward to it.
Tim

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 1:42 PM - Response #8

Shocked Now the laugh IS on me! I thought I was sneaking in from my single year site - forgetting the CC logo is now with it. Well I hope everyone laughs with me on that one.

Thanks, Brad, Kyle/Kyle, Mary and... We will continue as we have, yet watch out we may lighten it up here and there. Well, maybe more HERE.
Cool

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 1:44 PM - Response #9

Golly, Tim. I step aside to write and missed out on furniture I need! Gosh. Darn. Going to have to get it out of Brad now. Laughing

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 1:47 PM - Response #10

I'm glad to have Gwen on board as well. Maybe now I can take a long, much needed vacation! Smile

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 1:52 PM - Response #11

Another crazy person to be included into Brad and His Bunch!!! Congrats Gwen....talk to you soon...still on our driving trip. Gotta tell ya all about Vegas!! Well...maybe some of it..or maybe not!! What Happens in Vegas....Stays in Vegas!!!
@ Brad...what a great choice...she will be a great asset to your 'Bunch'! May there be brownies in yer future??? Because of CC...Gwen and I have become friends..can't get much better than that!!!CoolCool

Brad Switzer wrote:

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 1:52 PM - Response #12

Scott Mastenbrook wrote:

I'm glad to have Gwen on board as well. Maybe now I can take a long, much needed vacation! Smile

Sure, Scott! As soon as Brad makes the flight, hotel and car reservations, I will happily sit at your desk for a bit. It will be a vaca for me as well.

Until then... Wink

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 1:55 PM - Response #13

Thanks, Darlene. Be sure to include brownies for Kyle and for me (that is two wrapped separately with our names on them...) with instructions for Brad to FedEx them to us!

Thanks! Smile

Had to edit so as not to confuse Brad. LOL

Edited 09/24/13 1:57 PM
Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 1:59 PM - Response #14

Scott, before you take a vacation, you have to work. LOL Okay, you know I'm kidding. You've always been there for me with my tiny issues, and I couldn't ask for more. I used to be in a service industry and I was sometimes disappointed in the kind of service I found there. CC not only has met all my expectations, but in most cases exceeded them. That's a very high bar to maintain, but I have faith that with the type of people you have on board, that won't ever be an issue. Gwen will be a great addition to an already terrific staff.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 2:04 PM - Response #15

Brad I don't think you realize just how HIGH Gwen will take CC. This has to be the best choice since going to HTML5!!! Gwen we all look forward to your leadership and direction. A well deserved position for you. OOHRAH......

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 2:04 PM - Response #16

Congratulations, Gwen!!! Glad to see you as part of the "team". Bonita

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 2:07 PM - Response #17

Brad Switzer wrote:

Hahaha! Right!! She's a perfect "fit" in that regard!!! B

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 2:15 PM - Response #18

A humble thank you, Bob!
Getting an OOHRAH is a first for me! And they say only teens have firsts! HA!

Robert Cullen wrote:

Brad I don't think you realize just how HIGH Gwen will take CC. This has to be the best choice since going to HTML5!!! Gwen we all look forward to your leadership and direction. A well deserved position for you. OOHRAH......

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 2:18 PM - Response #19

Excellent! Looking forward to continuing to see both the advice and the sense of humor.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 2:21 PM - Response #20

John Ralph wrote:

Excellent! Looking forward to continuing to see both the advice and the sense of humor.

Taking John to the side...
Sssshhhh, John. Don't tell anyone about that. They won't believe you.
Cool

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 2:28 PM - Response #21

Perfect! Gwen is patient, kind, giving, and will help at any time of the day! She is Mother Teresa in everyday clothing. Congratulations, Gwen! No one is more deserving, knowledgeable, or creative!

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:22 PM - Response #22

Gwen,

Congratulations! I am sure you will help the cause of the little guy at CC. OK Gwen, let's see what you can get done by Tuesday!

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 7:55 PM - Response #23

OMG, they let YOU in? JUST KIDDING. Gwen, what a hoot. You've done soooo much for our TAP Room. Looking forward, as always, to your input and hot ideas. Ken

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 8:07 PM - Response #24

Ken Roberts wrote:

OMG, they let YOU in? JUST KIDDING. Gwen, what a hoot. You've done soooo much for our TAP Room. Looking forward, as always, to your input and hot ideas. Ken

Watch it, Ken. Brad bugged me enough to put up real photos. They say to pass things on... so guess who is next!

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 8:11 PM - Response #25

CC has just made an amazing addition to their already excellent staff! Looking forward to working with you, Gwen . . . Congrats!

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 8:17 PM - Response #26

Kathleen Russell-Rader wrote:

Perfect! Gwen is patient, kind, giving, and will help at any time of the day! She is Mother Teresa in everyday clothing. Congratulations, Gwen! No one is more deserving, knowledgeable, or creative!

Thanks, Kathi... but you are suppose to keep that to yourself. I have an image to keep up, especially to Ken. Wink

Then there are days like today when CC tasks are a priority late into the night; I sleep horribly (guess I need to replace the sofa) and Sara (dog) hears thunder. Add today's welcomes and I am whipped! Someone pull up a chair for me, please. I'll take a glass of Pinot Grigio with that, thanks. Cool

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 8:28 PM - Response #27

Rhonda McClellan wrote:

CC has just made an amazing addition to their already excellent staff! Looking forward to working with you, Gwen . . . Congrats!

Thanks, Rhonda! You are too kind! I always enjoy sharing with you. Smile

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 8:58 PM - Response #28

As CC goes to the next level and Beyond, Brad, you guys have made a fantastic choice to help you and US Admins in that New Trip! I guess I should have known, but just realized that Kyle started out as an admin, and if Gwen continues to help us all as Kyle has, CC will really grow!

Thanks to ALL you guys for your help and making my class's recent 50th Reunion such a Resounding Success!!!!!

Welcome, Gwen! You deserve to be recognized for all that you've done and will do in the future for us all!

Steve

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 9:06 PM - Response #29

Wow, Steve! Thanks so much.

I'm sure the day we have an ADMIN conference, y'all are going to make me pay for the kind comments... and I will!

It has always been a pleasure being an admin with all of you and I continue to be one even with that CC logo to the left. Smile

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 10:05 PM - Response #30

Yes, I also started out as a regular admin, just like the rest of you. In fact, I have still never met Brad or anyone else that works for ClassCreator. So if Brad is paying for anyone to come into the offices for a visit/vacation, I have seniority (referring to response #12), but I wouldn't mind if he decided to bring us both out there at the same time.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 10:46 PM - Response #31

Congratulations Gwen! Brad and his ClassCreator Crew just achieved another level of excellence in so many ways!
Bonita and I will drive the CC Bus, road trip style and pick up Kyle and Gwen, taking in some sights and arrive in the lovely home state of CC whenever you guys okay it! All my court-mandated "Driving school" visits have paid off and it's "time for a road-trip"! We'll even bring the brownies and whatever/whoever else we can find along the way!
If I remember correctly, John, from Arizona has an RV we can try to "borrow" or rent! Maybe he'll drive!?! Would like to pass thru the Rockies before the snow sets in though!
"We can do it", just try to tell us it can't be done! It would be a trip "from sea to shining CC"!! You have proven time and time again that Anything is Possible, and nothing is impossible!
Seriously, Congratulations to all and many more years of CC Fun and adventure to all!
Thanks again to Brad and crew for an outstanding "product" and team! Thanks also for these Forums and the opportunities to grow and learn and even make new "friends"! And an especially sincere Thank you for making so many Reunions possible, both class reunions and those of the heart, thru friends, family and so many others!You are all appreciated!Cool

Warmest Regards,
Sign me,
It IS my real picture

Edited 09/24/13 10:54 PM
Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 11:53 PM - Response #32

Well thanks Kris. Smile

And hey, whatever type of road trip posse you put together, you're always welcome here. Smile

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 2:38 AM - Response #33

Thanks, Dave!
The same to TAP teammate, Bonita!
Ray, there is a Tuesday in February 2014!
Kris, it would be a trip from shining sea (Pacific) to sea (Atlantic, err Gulf Coast for me) to CC! Smile
and
Kyle, we deserve an in-house training, don't you think? Cool

Edited 09/25/13 2:41 AM
Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 2:47 AM - Response #34

As I am about to call it a day, I say...

Thanks for the opportunity and welcome, Brad! It sure has been fun getting to this point and I look forward to what is ahead.

Many thanks to Jessica, Scott, Kyle, Mike and everyone on staff for your help in getting me set-up and, of course, the welcome!

Everyone, admins and staff, make coming to these forums and taking on the list Brad shared above something to look forward to each day. Wink

I'm IN!

SUPPORT: Now if my profile photo were to the right of the posts, all would be great! Wink

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 10:03 AM - Response #35

Hey there,
Gwen,
That's exactly what I thought, but my old-timerz hit and I changed it! I'm serious about a "road trip"! That's one of the wonderful "things" about being raised in the "midwest".It's definitely doable, stuff for the movies, perhaps a real-life comedy/reality trip! But if you and Kyle are up for "Friends and Family" on Delta, and going stand-by doesn't scare you, it's a straight shot into Detroit,I believe! It can happen!! It's always an Adventure, and Fun is where you find it, and CC is the place for it! Let me know, but in the meantime, Bonita can map our trip out for us, please, preferably when the "weather is good", we are wimpy out here! Haven't driven in too much mountain snow lately, we'll leave that to Kyle! Let me know, the offer stands! Have a most excellent day!Cool

Edited 09/25/13 10:04 AM
Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 10:46 AM - Response #36

Gwen Corey wrote:

SUPPORT: Now if my profile photo were to the right of the posts, all would be great! Wink

Thanks to Kyle for asking Mike to 'fix' my photo; and Mike, the "IOUs" are adding up, aren't they?

Have a great day!

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 10:46 AM - Response #37

Congratulations Gwen on your new "staff" position with CC! And Congratulations to Class Creator for all your attentiveness and commitment is making you truly stand apart from the rest "as the BEST"! This is such good news on so many levels! I am truly excited for Gwen, and for Class Creator, and all admins in these forums! It was such a pleasure to read this good news with all the positive and funny posts in this thread! Thank you ALL for your contributions! Let's 'keep up this momentum'! Very Happy

And an overdue Congratulations to you, Kyle! I do not think I was here when... (or at least I was not aware for quite sometime) you were inducted, so although belated, none the less sincere, Congratulations to You too! And what an honor, to be recruited as the first admin to join the CC team! You exude the same polite, professional, and personable service as ALL of the Class Creator Staff! And you are way overdue on meeting your CC colleagues face-to-face. I hope you have the opportunity to do so SOON! Very Happy

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 2:35 PM - Response #38
bus7.gif

Ditto to all of the above...Seriously, we can get you guys to Michigan! Although I love the Bus road trip thing, my Thelma and Louise moments might scare some of the uninitiated! It may have to wait for another day!
Let me know where your nearest airport is, and i'll check out the Friends and Family fares... Am thinking we take a Paypal donation of $1.00 each interested admin and/or ask Brad for the Visa number, and you can get there on your time,etc...very flexible, not as cheap as before all the taxes were added, but it's all done electronically now and if you don't use it, it's always refundable! Not perfect, but it's part of the adventure!
As my Dad always told me, The Best is Yet to Come!
Thanks Brad and crew for showing us CC's Best daily!

Edited 09/25/13 2:35 PM
Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 4:46 PM - Response #39

Well, it looks like just about everything that CAN be said HAS been said, but to keep from being left out, here is my 'two-cents-worth.'

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Edited 09/25/13 7:39 PM
Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 4:17 PM - Response #40

Thanks for the eighteen smiles, Steve! Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.