ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Classmates viewing other email address

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/04/10 10:41 AM Views: 1259 Replies: 4
Thursday, March 4, 2010 at 10:41 AM

How can a classmate find out which other classmates have email addresses? As an Administrator I can easily access this information, but how can this be done from the site by someone without my access?

Sandra Scott

Thursday, March 4, 2010 at 10:51 AM - Response #1

Welcome Sandra,

When a non-admin uses the Message Center, they will only be able to send messages to those who have e-mails (really, only those who have signed in to the website and created a profile).

Is this good enough or does this answer your question?

Thursday, March 4, 2010 at 10:55 AM - Response #2

Thanks for the speedy reply. I actually went on your class site before I posted the question and very much like wha you've done. I am just getting started and this question came up.

One of our classmates is trying to help us build our email addresses before we post the first public email and he can't see who's emails we already have as he is not an administrator. Is there any way for him to see who's email addresses are already collected?

ss

Thursday, March 4, 2010 at 11:16 AM - Response #3

One thing you can do is Manage Classmates, Download Class List. This will give you a spreadsheet with the names, addresses, e-mails, etc. of all your classmates.

If you didn't want him to have everything, you could just delete all of the columns not necessary before giving him the spreadsheet.

You could also make that classmate an admin. Manage Classmates, Edit the DETAILS of that classmate and check the ADMIN checkbox.

Edited 03/04/10 11:17 AM
Thursday, March 4, 2010 at 12:14 PM - Response #4

That's perfect. Thanks again for the help. You may see me back again soon!

Sandra

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.