ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Newspaper Release

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/04/10 09:41 AM Views: 1569 Replies: 2
Thursday, March 4, 2010 at 9:41 AM

Does anyone have any examples of a newspaper release concerning your reunion website? I want to run an ad in my hometown paper relating to the website. Thanks!

Thursday, March 4, 2010 at 1:12 PM - Response #1

Tim,

No I don't have one yet, but when I do, I have no intention of "paying" for an ad. Instead, try doing it as a PSA (Public Service Announcement) and while you are at it, why not go all the way and contact some radio stations and TV stations at the same time. If you word things correctly, you will get FREE advertising without having to pay for it. With the TV stations, try doing a 30 second "spot" using You Tube and you just might get what you want.

Since our 50th won't be till next year, I've got a little time yet. Thankfully, I've had lots of experience in doing this sort of thing and being close to a big city really helps too.

Good Luck (and if you need some help--let me know)

Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 2:13 AM - Response #2

Hello John,

Free advertising always sounds good to me. Our school reunion is next year as well, so we'd like to get as much exposure as possible. We're listed on a few local community event calendars online. Could you please share your guidelines on getting Public Service Announcements with newspapers, radio & T.V.? Would love your help seeing that you have experience in this area.

Thank you for your time and assistance. Look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Nadia

Nadiko@sbcglobal.net

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.