ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

upload classmates

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/03/13 01:27 PM Views: 1398 Replies: 11
Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 1:27 PM

I want to ask if someone can uplaud my classmates list because i not have excel and i think too much work for upload one by one.

if you can pm me than i can give my classlist and my password.

Thank you,

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 2:34 PM - Response #1

You can install a free 30 day trial of Microsoft Office which should allow you to complete the task. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/try/ There is also another suite out there called OpenOffice... http://www.openoffice.org/ , which offers a program that you can use as well.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 2:49 PM - Response #2

Scott, you are correct about Openoffice, but there is a better program that was put together by the same people called Libre Office. It also has a very fine spreadsheet program that is compatible with Excel and offers the same type of suite as Microsoft Office except for Outlook. It can be found at www.libreoffice.org/. It is also freeware.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 2:53 PM - Response #3

Thanks Tim. Good to know!

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 3:10 PM - Response #4

If you do not feel comfortable trying to install a new software program, I may be able to help you upload your list. Click the email link to the left.

Edited 04/03/13 3:29 PM
Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 3:29 PM - Response #5

Thank you very much for your reply`s. First i download openoffice.org, but i only see program i download like "wajam and xtraxplayer and mipony and browserprotect. I don´t know how come.

Than i go to libreoffice, but then they say " have mistake 1335 the CAB file that is necessary for this instalation is damaged and cannot be used.

Now i don´t know what to do.

Tim,

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 3:30 PM - Response #6

Marla - I edited your post to just say click the email link to the left (which in under your profile pic) because I would not want your personal email address to be indexed by a search engine. You wouldn't want a bunch of spam finding its way to your inbox. Smile

Edited 04/03/13 3:31 PM
Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 3:49 PM - Response #7

Scott, feel free to weigh in if you wish. Here is my suggestion:
Whatever you may have installed regarding Openoffice or Libreoffice, I would suggest you either delete or uninstall to eliminate any possiblilty of a conflict issue.
Then go to http://www.libreoffice.org/download and click on the large green button labeled "Main Installer." Don't worry about the other one as it isn't needed. Also I suggest that you use the "custom install" to give you the options regarding tool bars you don't want, or parts of the Libre Office suite you don't need. Many freeware programs will change your search engine and homepage if you use the Express installation. If you take your time and read all the installation points, you will do just fine. There is no malware or virus on this site, so if you should install something you don't want such as changing your homepage on your browser, that can be easily changed back.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 6:03 PM - Response #8

Thank you Scott! I should have been paying attention. Thanks for thinking of me! ~ Marla
Razz

Thursday, April 4, 2013 at 2:30 AM - Response #9

Thank you very much for uploading for me Marla, my website looks great now,

Thursday, April 4, 2013 at 9:51 AM - Response #10

My pleasure! Glad I could help! Sorry about the automated capitalization of names. I will write CC about it so maybe they can address it for future uploading of entire lists.

Your website looks great! Best wishes!
Marla

Thursday, April 4, 2013 at 1:48 PM - Response #11

We have such great admins out there helping one another! Smile Thanks Marla.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.