ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Photo Gallery for Monthly Birthday Photos

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/01/14 10:38 AM Views: 880 Replies: 1
Tuesday, April 1, 2014 at 10:38 AM

I'm trying to AUTO-load birthday pics each month for our classmates through photo gallery. I wasn't successful in March and today I checked and the April photos didn't load automatically - much less at all. What am I doing wrong? What should I do?

I have loaded each month's group of birthdays in a separate photo gallery and then put the Months to load on the home page as an announcement to be able to date it to load the beginning of the month and to stop at the end of the month. I hope you can follow my explanation on what I'm trying to do.

Update: I was able to load the April birthdays by unchecking the April birthdays in Announcements and copying the embed code for April and putting in the Source box. Is there ANY way this can be automatic? I don't want to be tied to this program if I'm not able to log in the first of each month to change these pictures. What am I missing?

Edited 04/01/14 11:54 AM
Tuesday, April 1, 2014 at 8:59 PM - Response #1

As I read your question, I clearly did not understand it but it appears that you might be making things more complex than they really are.

First of all I send out my Birthday notifications via Email the Class. If I sent the message in March 2013, I search by date and find the old message I sent the year before. Already, most of the work is done. The date is changed, the picture is already saved with the file, there is no work to it. The real work is boiler plate from the year before. The only work is for new members that I have not sent a Birthday greeting before. This whole thing is down hill. Each year I add a line and it gets smoother and smoother, no work to it.

Edited 04/01/14 9:02 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.