ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Looking for ideas on posting sponsorships

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/07/10 08:01 PM Views: 1524 Replies: 5
Sunday, November 7, 2010 at 8:01 PM

Currently I have 4 or 5 business cards, under a sponsorship link. I am thinking this is a good way to get donations from the class and wanted to make these Sponsorships stand out so that EVERYONE wants to send money so they can see there ad. Its rather boring at the moment... Can anyone share any of their ideas for this?

Edited 11/07/10 8:01 PM
Sunday, November 7, 2010 at 8:48 PM - Response #1

Hi Cheryl...

How important are the sponsors? Are they all class members? I think some sort of featured link within the home page would be appropriate. Not necessarily the business card there, but "Thanks to our Sponsors (Name them)" and include a link to your sponsor page.

On that Sponsor page, you could provide a link to the Contact-Us page or embed your email address when you solicit others.

Just an off-the-wall idea, but you might have each person 'sponsor' a specific page (but not the home page) rather than putting them all together on one page.

Whatever you do, I'll suggest each business card be same size for equality (somewhere between the full size one and the smallest one.) Perhaps each card would fall under a 'category' heading "Power Equipment Sales & Service" for example.

Edited 11/07/10 8:54 PM
Sunday, November 7, 2010 at 9:04 PM - Response #2

Thanks for the ideas John. So far we have only classmates, I will play around with those ideas. I like your link to your facebook, can I steal you code for that?

Sunday, November 7, 2010 at 9:10 PM - Response #3

Yes -- nothing really creative or original in the Facebook announcement.

Except I'm storing that Facebook icon on my CC site. If you post the source code from my page, it won't bring that image up for you.

Instead you'll need to capture that image from my page and save it to your hard drive, then upload it to your CC vault.

Edited 11/07/10 9:11 PM
Sunday, November 7, 2010 at 9:43 PM - Response #4

Thanks! I have managed to pull in the logo. Next question, how did you get the link embedded in the Click here?

Sunday, November 7, 2010 at 10:55 PM - Response #5

1 capture the URL of the Facebook page
2 on your CC site and on the page editor select the words CLICK HERE
3 click on the globe-chain icon in the editor
4 in the window that opens, paste the URL you captured in step 1
5 save the editing

You've just created a 'link' !!!!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.