ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Can you change PayPal button?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/06/12 07:01 PM Views: 1189 Replies: 4
Tuesday, March 6, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Is it possible to get rid of "donate" above the PayPal link and change the yellow "donate" button to "pay here"?

We don't want classmates to feel they have to donate--we just want them to pay for their tickets.

Thanks,
Suzie

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 at 8:01 PM - Response #1

The DONATIONS module is for donations. Usually, reunion tickets are paid for through the reunion planner (which is currently under construction for about another week).

The Donation Module doesn't allow modification of the button code, so the answer is no, it is not possible.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 at 8:16 PM - Response #2

You can do that yourself if you are comfortable using "source mode". And I can show you a sample page that does exactly that. But read the next first please, to see if you want to do that.

I think you'd be better off using the CC Reunion Planner though. CC hides the ability to use PayPal on the Reunion Planner, so you have to ask for the very often requested feature to show so you can use that to collect payment.

The Reunion Planner simplifies collecting monies for the reunion and tracking what people order. You can collect both checks and use PayPal. You do not have the use the CC payment system. All you will use are the order tracking features and the money collected (if you want to).

Was the Reunion Planner considered to handle your Reunion tickets and items?

(I don't know if it's completely inoperable now or just has "issues". You can try it and see what happens. It can be turned on/off if it's all broken. We've had some orders for memory books come through the past few days, so I think it all works. Maybe some details do not?)

Edited 03/06/12 8:19 PM
Tuesday, March 6, 2012 at 10:19 PM - Response #3

Hi Jack,

We were considering using Paypal as well. I'm unclear what Reunion Planner does for us. Are you saying that we can ask CC to "unhide" a Paypal button that would allow our classmates to click on and make a payment and that Reunion Planner will track those payments? Any clues as to the best way to set up a Paypal account for the reunion?

Thanks,

Danny

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 at 1:38 AM - Response #4

Briefly, the Reunion Planner does several things for you. For one, you get a more professional looking "web path" for your guests to order tickets or items.

First you create a a page with a description of the reunion saying whatever you want to say. Just like you would anyway.

Then via CC options in the Reunion Planner, you add the items you are "selling". Be careful that you get the descriptions correct since if you change them, you'll get some strange tracking results (a quirky mistake made by CC, another story).

The user "orders" the items you list and continues to a "Payment" screen with payment options - for example check or PayPal. Sort of like a commercial cart system, but also a bit different.

Then payment area is where you need to ask CC to add the PayPal option for you.

The CC system tracks all orders entered and you get an automatic list and reports. There are a few issues (maybe they will be fixed in the coming release) but none are serious enough to not use it. You have to manually enter check and PayPal payments, but that's pretty simple. If you can balance a checkbook, you can do this.

Setting up a PayPal account is easiest if you set it for an individual - your treasurer or perhaps the main admin. Give yourself enough time to do this since it involves a set of test transactions you need to verify (same as for CC actually). See PayPal.com for instructions. If you set up a legal entity, there's more work to do - give yourself enough time to get all those details set up.

Tried not to get bogged down in details, but that's the gist of it. Pretty simple and a lot better than having a list you have to maintain outside of CC. Things are being changed at the moment, so if you can wait till about March 12th, might be better. You can probably play with it though to get an idea, just not make it active just to see what I'm talking about.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.