ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Not able to see website with Ipad

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/17/12 08:54 PM Views: 1607 Replies: 11
Friday, August 17, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Several of our classmates have reported that some features of the website are not able to be viewed with an Ipad. Obviously this is because of Apple's disdain for flash player. Is there any way around this?

Larry

Friday, August 17, 2012 at 11:05 PM - Response #1

Yes, use a PC. Other than that, I don't think so,

Friday, August 17, 2012 at 11:34 PM - Response #2

It's not just the IPad..it's other tablets too. I have a Toshiba Thrive..and I can only see the homepage. I can't click on the links on the homepage. Putting it simply I can't use my tablet to navigate my website.

I, myself, luv my Desktop puter. I have a Netbook and a tablet that I use more than my desktop. I just got a HP Pavilion G Series lappy...It's technically a Netbook...cause it's only 15". I luv it.

Hey Brad....you gotta get your AT dept to start working on this problem. More brownies in your future??? Not really a problem, I guess...it's the wave of the future..not everyone has a PC and most aren't going to buy one. It's cheaper for them to buy a smartphone instead of a PC. Smartphones, lappys and tablets are taking over the puter market now. Lots of people use their smartphones and tablets now to communicate, post on FB, etc etc.
CC has to get up to snuff very soon. :::::keeping fingers crossed:::::::
Rolling EyesRolling EyesWink:winkQuestion?

Friday, August 17, 2012 at 11:38 PM - Response #3

OH...BTW..I was notified by Kim Komando..that Google is not going to support and use the Flash player on Android operating systems..so that means you won't be able to play any type of games that use Flash. I will try to find the emails and post it here. This disappoints me since I luv to play games on my pc & tablets Crying or Very sadCrying or Very sadSadSad

Edited 08/18/12 2:07 AM
Friday, August 17, 2012 at 11:54 PM - Response #4

Not really a great answer and the other replies clearly indicate why. I believe Adobe even has a converter program/routine to move from Flash to HTML5, the "wave" of the future.

Saturday, August 18, 2012 at 10:38 AM - Response #5

I DON'T own an iPhone or iPad, but I was told at coffee this morning that you can see the Flash files if you download Windows for IOS.
Someone game to try this and see if it works?

Saturday, August 18, 2012 at 1:17 PM - Response #6

STEVE STEIN wrote:

I DON'T own an iPhone or iPad, but I was told at coffee this morning that you can see the Flash files if you download Windows for IOS.
Someone game to try this and see if it works?

I think this is a great suggestion but I just read online, after doing a search for "windows for ios software download", few minutes ago, that it may require a "jailbreak" for some tablets and other IOS systems products. Right now my IPad works great and lets me see everything on the net and related to Class Creator, except some videos. So I'm going to hold off on doing it but if someone else wants to try it and report back to us, let us know your experiences, please.

Edited 08/18/12 1:57 PM
Saturday, August 18, 2012 at 1:55 PM - Response #7

WEll....not only Jobs..didn't like the Adobe flash player...Google doesn't either....it's dropping it soon....my Toshiba Thrive runs Google for android..something like that..will have to look...next wk I will look into it.
Got clocked by my ceiling fan in my bedroom...have a concussion and big gash on the left side of my head it just missed my temple.
I am game to try it...so if everyone will be patient..I will get 'er done next wk. LaughingShockedRolling EyesExclamationExclamation

Saturday, August 18, 2012 at 2:00 PM - Response #8

BTW...Verizon has a Windows operating system (I think Win7) smartphone..was going to upgrade to it..but Verizon screwed up my account by cancelling my phone...when they were transferring all my stuff to another phone number we had..now I can't upgrade..and they socked me with all those cancellation fees....been trying to get it straighten out for a month now. Long story...if I get the Windows IOS phone..I will let you all know.IdeaIdeaWinkWink

Saturday, August 18, 2012 at 2:01 PM - Response #9

Webmaster Darlene wrote:

WEll....not only Jobs..didn't like the Adobe flash player...Google doesn't either....it's dropping it soon....my Toshiba Thrive runs Google for android..something like that..will have to look...next wk I will look into it.
Got clocked by my ceiling fan in my bedroom...have a concussion and big gash on the left side of my head it just missed my temple.
I am game to try it...so if everyone will be patient..I will get 'er done next wk. LaughingShockedRolling EyesExclamationExclamation

Ouch! Sorry to hear it. Hope you're better soon.

Saturday, August 18, 2012 at 2:13 PM - Response #10

thanx Gary....I have a hard head..and if I'm loopy..I will blame it on a blonde moment..and yes..I am a natural blonde...just lighten it up a bit..to cover the gray!!LaughingExclamationExclamation

Thursday, April 24, 2014 at 4:49 PM - Response #11

An option for your mobile devices is a browser called Puffin. It comes in two versions, a free one and a more robust one available for purchase from the App Store for $2.99. The difference between the two is the free version will only work a couple of times before the trial expires. Once you download Puffin, you use it like any other browser. Simply open it, enter the address of your webpage, and click on your flash video and presentations to view. I've even placed some text just below my flash presentations that says "Mobile device users click here" and it's hyperlinked to a page with the wording above. The $2.99 has been well worth the investment.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.