Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Look what's happened to ClassCreator.comExclamation

LINK

Wait about a minute

For a trick you can do this to any CC page LINK

Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 4:23 PM - Response #1

Ok, tell us how you did that !

Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 4:37 PM - Response #2

Jack, is that different from the normal way we create a link? Type the word in edit mode, highlight it and click on the link icon to give it the URL? Not sure what you're showing us here.

Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 8:34 PM - Response #3

Mary, You have to wait a minute for the page to load. Link is just a normal link to a page. It's what it does that is interesting (at least to me).

Lynda, if you view source on either page, find and copy the following at the end of any page (hopefully one for the 'shakes' only) To do only the shakes remove the audio code

Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 9:04 PM - Response #4

I'm not getting anything special. The link goes immediately to the regular page and the intro video starts. There's no delay. What's supposed to happen? Is my connection too fast or too secure?

Oh, but on the 2nd link it starts out normal, then in a moment the page gets corrupted and never comes back to normal except the little photo in the upper left changes every once in a while. Want a screen print?

Edited 03/24/13 9:11 PM
Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 9:12 PM - Response #5

Mary, click on the first red LINK in Jack's message and you'll see what he has done with the Class Creator home page.. Then the second LINK in his message, you'll see what happens on his class page.. I like it.. Something different.

Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 9:15 PM - Response #6

Jack, can I choose the image I want to have the shaking effect ? I'd like to shake "Senior Discount". It's one of the links at the top of my home page.. I just added it and would be fun to call attention to it.. Thanks

Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 9:43 PM - Response #7
Jack.jpg

I'm not getting the same effect. At all. Nothing on the CC link, and Jack's own page loads normal for a brief instant, then the elements get all changed around and stay that way. No shaking, all corrupted. See screenprint.

Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 10:11 PM - Response #8

I'm with Mary. Nothing unusual happening at all. Regular page loads.

Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 10:14 PM - Response #9

My own test page is just a bunch of test data and not meant to be a part of our site. IOW, the images are just test placements as is the "history". Meaning that's not really a normal CC history page. I use this to play around with ideas.

Here's a LINK to a Jing video of what the ClassCreator site displays like. It works on all the current version common browsers. Wait a bit for the video since it's rather large.

It's just a javascript and that has to be enabled otherwise you couldn't even use CC.

Don't know about IE8, I have to go to my office to test that.

Depending on your connection speed and computer, it could take a minute for the effect to take place? A minute is a very long time. It takes me about 12 seconds as the video shows. (On a sort of slow connection)

Edited 03/24/13 10:20 PM
Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 10:24 PM - Response #10

Lynda, it's a generic script that analyzes a complete page. It could be done for a single object, but that would take me at least 24 hrs to figure out since I'd also have to isolate just that link.

I did not write the original script. It's an interesting learning tool. I know that one can shake the whole screen too using this sort of approach. Scary if one doesn't expect it. As if something possessed your computerTwisted Evil

Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 10:28 PM - Response #11

Oh, there's supposed to be a sound track that goes along with it. That starts right away. If that's not playing, then something is blocking all of this.

Here's the raw audio track LINK

Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 11:07 PM - Response #12

Here's a video of our page LINK

Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 11:15 PM - Response #13

IE8 and IE9 only work in 'quirks' mode. IE10 works standard.

All the other CURRENT browsers work. FF, Safari, Chrome. Safari does not do the sound.

IE8 is pretty slow compared to current FF or Chrome. Guess that's how MS will force everyone to upgrade to at least Win7.

In case you don't know, IE10 has been released for WIN7. Get it HERE at MS

It's worth it. Very good browser.

Monday, March 25, 2013 at 12:56 AM - Response #14

Maybe Mary clicked on the 'classcreator.com' link. That did not show anything different. It was the word "Link" that worked. It is different but I have at least one classmate with seizure disorder and all that activity on the page would make our site not one she could visit.

I'm with Lynda... maybe just one item on the page but I'd like it not be jump around so fast.

Monday, March 25, 2013 at 12:59 AM - Response #15

Umm, it's just a jokeIdea

Monday, March 25, 2013 at 12:03 PM - Response #16

Jack,
I finally figured out the (shake) site doesn't support IE. I tried it in Mozilla and the effects are cool. Is there a way to only run it for 5 seconds? I am afraid someone will think they have a virus and shut down their computer if it runs any longer.

Monday, March 25, 2013 at 12:21 PM - Response #17

Correct, IE8 and IE9 do not work unless in "quirks" mode which is not good for CC. (Tested using IE10 emulating those IE8-9 modes.) IE10 works in standard mode. It might be possible to check for older IE and modify.

You nailed it. This was meant more as scary sort of thing - making it look like a site was hacked or there was a virusExclamation

It is possible to time and expire the script. It can also probably be simplified for a specific object. ATM, I don't understand exactly how it works. Now if it starts snowing again (amazing for us this time of year), I'll have time to learn more about this script. Today is super sunnyCool

Edited 03/25/13 12:22 PM
Monday, March 25, 2013 at 5:21 PM - Response #18

Like your idea of 5 seconds, Bob! I'd probably add a notice at the top of the page. Hey, this might be a good April Fools!

Monday, March 25, 2013 at 5:29 PM - Response #19

It might even be good with an additional page with a Playlist of just Elvis singing "I'm All Shook Up".Rolling EyesRolling Eyes

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 11:11 PM - Response #20

Jack,

This is so good! The only thing I can think of to improve it is if you were able to substitute Jerry Lee Lewis song, "A Whole Lotta Shaking Going On" for the audio. Here's a youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yRdDnrB5kM

Thanks for the levity!

Scott

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.