ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

In Memory

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/27/12 07:25 PM Views: 1656 Replies: 7
Monday, August 27, 2012 at 7:25 PM

1. When I added someone to "In Memory" their year is not showing next to name anymore. This is a problem for us because of so many same names different years. Is this going to get changed back?

2. After I entered changes to an 'In Memory" I click the "notify" box but I have not receive the notice. Can you tell if there is something in the email or is there something else I need to do?

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 at 10:28 AM - Response #1

I am seeing the class year noted in parentheses when the list is ordered alphabetically or by year of death. Otherwise the list is sorted and grouped by class year.

If you are not subscribed to the profile, then you would not be notified. It looks like you are probably subscribed to all profiles, but you might want to double check this particular classmate. Then I would suggest checking your spam folder (using the webmail access to your email unless you have it set up as IMAP, in which case it shouldn't matter).

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 at 12:00 PM - Response #2

Eric,

Sorry. I seem to always be in a hurry and I do not splain my self very well.
1. go to "edit site pages" then "in memory" then type in "Smith". You will see there is no years listed after name anymore. They used to be listed but now gone. I sort of need this back if possible.

2. I sent an email for "In Memory" today and then I got second email. I am pretty sure I checked box that said not to send. I have one from yesterday "Robert Dapp '41" I added him and did not check box but nothing came thru. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

Please let me know what to do.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 at 12:41 PM - Response #3

I have passed this along to programming for review. Meantime, if you enter the year of the person you're looking for, all matching names *will* display the year.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 at 8:06 PM - Response #4

It helps to narrow list to year but it is not ideal.

A funny thing about graduation year is that many people's family do not know when a loved one graduated. I just had this today. The obit said one year and I knew the person so I was sure that he was 1973. Previously I would caulk this up for some misunderstanding at the school or such. I also do not like to correct anyone in their time of grieving because it seems a little impolite. Besides what does it really matter to me to change someone's year. Since I have been doing this it is something that has happened a lot. Has anyone ever witnessed this?

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 at 4:20 PM - Response #5

The year display in the In Memory dropdown has been restored.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 at 5:34 PM - Response #6

Ray, thanks for finding this. I thought something was different but in my hurry, I just did not see it.

Eric, thanks for taking it to the programmers.

CC... thanks, as usual!

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 at 8:39 PM - Response #7

Thank you. You make my life easier. Now if you would only do an uploader for pictures...

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.