ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Password Resets

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/14/14 11:35 PM Views: 1189 Replies: 18
Saturday, June 14, 2014 at 11:35 PM

Used to we (admins) could view a classmates details and reset their passwords. Now those fields no longer show up.

Saturday, June 14, 2014 at 11:58 PM - Response #1

Our site uses the classic profile format. When I go Admin Functions > Edit Site Pages > Classmate Profiles, Edit Page > Edit Details for a selected classmate, after the boldfaced Password I see "Change Password" with these words underneath: "You cannot see a user's password, but you can change it." Click on "Change Password" and you'll be able to change the classmate's password.

Sunday, June 15, 2014 at 12:03 AM - Response #2

This person is an admin on the site which is why I don't see the change password field. How do you chang the password for one of the site admins?

Sunday, June 15, 2014 at 12:33 AM - Response #3

It may be that only the root admin can change passwords for other admins. I'm not the root admin, just an assistant admin. Sounds like the Class Creator staff must provide the answer here.

Sunday, June 15, 2014 at 12:41 AM - Response #4

Scott is correct. Obviously an admin, like everyone else, can change their own password but only the root admin can change the password of another admin.

Sunday, June 15, 2014 at 12:42 AM - Response #5

Thanks Everyone!

Sunday, June 15, 2014 at 12:42 AM - Response #6

Thanks Everyone!

Sunday, June 15, 2014 at 11:28 AM - Response #7

That is correct, only a Root Admin can change the password of everyone. It is for security reasons so that other admins cannot change the password of the Root Admin and thus gain Root Admin privileges.

Thursday, July 31, 2014 at 6:26 PM - Response #8

I am an administrator for Bloomington High School Class of 1964. We have a classmate who needs an administrator to change her password for her. I don't get that box when I go into Admin Functions under Manage Classmates. I can get it on almost anyone else but not her. I have contacted our Root and he can't either.

Friday, August 1, 2014 at 12:01 AM - Response #9

What is her name? Has she signed in before? If not, she doesn't have a password and needs to click on her name and then the JOIN NOW link to start the join wizard.

Friday, August 1, 2014 at 7:34 AM - Response #10

Corlene (Corky) Shull

Friday, August 1, 2014 at 1:55 PM - Response #11

If she is already a member, you simply need to go to Manage Classmates > Enter / Edit Classmates > Details next to her name and you will see a button that says Change Password. Edit and save the page and let her know what the new password is.

Friday, August 1, 2014 at 2:11 PM - Response #12

As I tried to say before, that box (button) doesn't exist on hers. I can do it on almost everyone else but not her.

Friday, August 1, 2014 at 2:14 PM - Response #13

Try clearing your browser's cache. I tried viewing using the same browser you are using (Chrome) and it worked fine.

You could also try a different browser and see if the other browser has the same problem. This would narrow down the issue to only be specific to one browser. But since we cannot reproduce the problem, it is most likely a local issue to your specific browser.

Friday, August 1, 2014 at 2:22 PM - Response #14

It is there. I just looked. It is the 5th item down.

Friday, August 1, 2014 at 4:15 PM - Response #15

I can change everyone but other administrators and one other person. Of course that one person is who I am trying to change. Our root admin has the same problem. I tried using Chrome and IE and still can't get the box to reset password.

Friday, August 1, 2014 at 4:18 PM - Response #16

I am an administrator for 3 sites. You are looking at the class of 1963 and I need it for the class of 1964. She is on both sites too.

Friday, August 1, 2014 at 6:33 PM - Response #17

Hi Milan,

She has not joined the class of 64 yet.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Friday, August 1, 2014 at 7:06 PM - Response #18

OK thanks, Now I can fix it. I was mis-informed.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.