ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Can't View Site on Blackberry Storm

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/21/09 01:46 AM Views: 1586 Replies: 5
Saturday, March 21, 2009 at 1:46 AM

I cannot view my site on my Blackberry Storm. Is there something I need to change on my site or on my BB so I can view it?

Thanx,
Cheryl

Saturday, March 21, 2009 at 1:27 PM - Response #1

Hopefully somebody else here has a better answer for this, I honestly have no idea. The officially supported browsers are listed on our Class Creator home page. Does the Blackberry Storm use one of them, or their own proprietary smartphone browser? Do you have the Flash plugin on your phone? Some of our designs include Flash, and if you don't have Flash installed it could potentially stop the page from displaying. I'm just stabbing in the dark though, hopefully somebody else with a Blackberry can answer here.

Saturday, March 21, 2009 at 1:47 PM - Response #2

I have a G1 Google phone through TMobile and am able to see the site and all pages. What I can't see is the widgets and add-ons. Maybe I can see it because the phone is on the Google system. I can also view the site on my Palm PDA. Like Brad said, check the user system. Good luck. Tam

Saturday, March 21, 2009 at 9:37 PM - Response #3

Some plugins are Flash, some require the you have the latest version of Flash installed, some are Java, some are even videos, like Quicktime or Windows Media files. Smartphones may or may not be able to display some of these things based on the Smartphone OS and the plugins that happen to be installed. Unfortunately all kinds of things don't work on many Smartphones. Will likely be this way for awhile still until mobile browsers improve. There are some out now you pretty much can't go wrong with, such as the Iphone from Apple, and the upcoming Palm Pre from Palm. Some of the latest Smartphone browsers have the same functionality as your desktop browser.

Edited 03/21/09 9:37 PM
Saturday, March 21, 2009 at 9:51 PM - Response #4

I'm able to see most pages on my Motorola Q9. Can't see the stuff that moves though.

Sunday, March 22, 2009 at 7:19 PM - Response #5

Well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit!! I'm not sure what I did, but I can now view my site on my BB.

I think the problem was because of my domain name forwarding. Before I discovered classcreator I had already secured my domain name. So I simply used the "frame forwarding" feature of DomainDiscover to direct the name to my classcreator address.

I changed the "frame forwarding" to "redirect my domain to an existing URL." Now I can view most of my site on my BB. At least I think that's what I did . . .

Thank you all for offering your comments and suggestions. This is still one of the best forums I have ever had the priviledge of joining. Now, one day I just hope I can help one of you solve a problem.

Cheryl

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.