ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Activating the Gallery in Sections

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/30/14 10:36 PM Views: 1310 Replies: 4
Sunday, November 30, 2014 at 10:36 PM

Hi,

We have an extensive Gallery of our 50th reunion with about 700 photos, and 100 'stories' about the events. At first we broke the Gallery into 'sub galleries' one for each event.
But traffic has gone to a standstill and in order to generate more participation, we want to activate each of the 'sub galleries' more piecemeal... for example the Friday event in one 'sub gallery' but it has over 300 photos and 30 stories...and we want to activate that Friday Gallery in 3 different installments.

We can copy the introduction section to a Survey and take a third of it back and re-paste to the Friday Gallery ... etc.

But is there any way to copy the photos to a survey page or something and only re paste a third of them at a time?

OR is there a way to only activate a third of the 28 pages that now comprise the Friday gallery photos?

I hope this makes some sense and you can help me find a way to do something beside just deleting 2/3rds of the Friday photos and then re uploading those again 1/3 at a time.

I'd like to avoid all that double work. Thanks

Tuesday, December 2, 2014 at 7:08 PM - Response #1

Hi Nancee,

This is the second time I believe you mentioned using survey pages for something. I wonder if you are going by the old way we had to do things ... before CC gave us unlimited pages. I can be wrong... maybe you have another reason for using a survey page - for replies maybe.

Please share why you wish to use the survey page. It makes sense for replies.

This could be a help to others.

Tuesday, December 2, 2014 at 7:18 PM - Response #2

You will not need to delete the photos. You can:
- right click,
- copy image location,
- open the page you wish to "move" the photo,
- click on the picture icon
- in the pop up window at URL PASTE the the image location you copied above. (IF you do not do anything between these steps, the copy will be on your clipboard, which is invisible. Then all you need to do it paste.)
- Add a border or other changes in the window and SAVE.

Any questions?

Tuesday, December 2, 2014 at 7:19 PM - Response #3

AND.... you will need to move then ONE at a time.

Tuesday, December 2, 2014 at 9:03 PM - Response #4

Hi,

As for "Survey pages": I thought those were the unlimited pages that CC provides us. If not, how does one find/make these unlimited pages?

As for the Answer to my original question: Thanks, for answering it! I'm all set.

I do want to say, and I'm sure I speak for many admins, and the CC staff, I admire your faithful willingness to jump in and try to help us when we have questions. That is very commendable, and I appreciate it.

Thanks again! N

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.