ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Using "Quotes" and Asterisks* in .csv File

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 06/18/21 01:08 AM Views: 3408 Replies: 4
Friday, June 18, 2021 at 1:08 AM

If you have a deceased member, you are to add an asterisk after their last name. However, if that last name has a Jr. attached (e.g., Smith, Jr.), then we're to put that entire last name within quotation marks.
So, here's my question: where do you add the asterisk when you're using quotes, before or after the last quotation mark? Rolling EyesQuestion
"Smith, Jr.*" OR "Smith, Jr."*

Friday, June 18, 2021 at 1:11 AM - Response #1

For lack of better answer... I'm not sure. So you could skip that for this one and follow this procedure once the name is uploaded...

Go to Edit Site Pages > Edit Page for In Memory > Scroll down to just below the Save Changes button. There is a classmate search field where you can begin to type their name. Names will begin to appear. Select the name of the member and click the link to Add Deceased Classmate. You will be taken to a page to add further information as well as an obituary if one is available.

Sunday, June 20, 2021 at 12:08 PM - Response #2

Thank you for your suggestion. Very Happy

Sunday, June 20, 2021 at 7:04 PM - Response #3

Under Admin Functions > Edit Site Pages, for the Classmate Profiles page, click on "Custom Icon." You will see a list of the icons that appear on the Classmate Profiles page. Be sure the one that has the double asterisk (**) is checked. If it's checked, when you create an In Memory entry for a deceased classmate, the double asterisk will automatically appear after the person's name.

Edited 06/20/21 7:06 PM
Sunday, June 20, 2021 at 9:51 PM - Response #4

That's funny - sorta Very Happy

I was a bit confused there.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.