ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Profiles have disappeared

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/03/10 10:10 PM Views: 1305 Replies: 5
Wednesday, March 3, 2010 at 10:10 PM

Has anyone else had problems with a classmate's profile just disappearing? In the last few days this has happened to 2 classmates that I know of.

Yes, I do have another Administrator that is also working on the site . . . . We're 3,000 miles apart and I have an urgent message out to her right now!

That's the obvious answer, but just wondering if it could be something else? Surely she's not deleting my classmates!!!!

(Name of classmate that disappeared: Allison Christian Hanner 1976.) I have just added her back in but profile is probably still blank; don't think she's re-joined yet.

Cheryl

Edited 03/03/10 10:41 PM
Wednesday, March 3, 2010 at 11:33 PM - Response #1

Did an actual Profile of a participating site member go away, or did just a Clasmate name go away, a name of a Classmate who had not yet joined the web site? I have 2 very different answers based on your response.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010 at 11:40 PM - Response #2

She has been a registered member for quite some time. Here's her # from a download I did on 2010.01.10: 2298929

In my 2010.02.26 download she is missing.

Thank goodness for the photo download I did in December. I am able to upload all the photos she had shared on her page.

I still have not heard from my other Admin. Gosh, this is worrisome. All that work . . . and the frustration of a classmate that contributes and shares and then it's gone!

Thanks, Brad,
Cheryl

Edited 03/03/10 11:53 PM
Thursday, March 4, 2010 at 1:20 AM - Response #3

Just wondering, have you checked with the Classmate to see if she zapped all of her Profile info intentionally? It's happened numerous times before. Reasons people may do this can surface at any time. I've seen everything from stalkers to employment concerns to people wanting to conceal their age and more. I'd check just to be sure.

Thursday, March 4, 2010 at 11:59 AM - Response #4

This classmate contacted me to find out what happened to her profile. Even her name was gone from the class list for 1976. (I've added it back now) I would have been suspicious of her or someone deleting the info as you suggested, but they certainly could not have deleted her name from the list.

Any other suggestions?
Cheryl

Thursday, March 4, 2010 at 12:43 PM - Response #5

No, unfortunately I really don't have any other recommendations. A Classmate account can't just delete itself. Or, I can certainly say it's never happened before anyway. With computers and programming you can never say anything 100% for sure, but I'd be extremely surprised if there was a bug in the system anywhere that could account for such an occurrence. It's far more likely your other Admin inadvertently removed the account. Now that I've definitely seen happen a few times before. Unfortunately I have no way to be sure though, so no blame game here, just speculating on the potential causes. Given the scneario, all you can really do is what you've already done and rebuild that Profile.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.