ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

SEO Domain Service Scam

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/03/17 07:37 PM Views: 695 Replies: 1
Wednesday, May 3, 2017 at 7:37 PM

Yes, it's spam / scam -- if you Google "SEO Domain Service scam" you'll find plenty of warnings to ignore the emails, here's the text from one such reply to a query about the email the poster had received.
Alternatively I'd check to see if anyone has reported this to ClassCreator. If not, I'd post a warning there too. Cheers, Al.

---cut-here---
Re: I THIS A SCAM i received e-mail for me...help me ..understand
[ Edited ]
Greetings. The email you received is a scam. It is an email unscrupulous people send out (to email addresses and/or through regular snail mail) to people with open registrations on their domain names. When you registered your domain name, your personal information is published in the Whois Public Internet Directory which can be viewed by anyone at anytime. This is required by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) as part of the domain name registration process. Thus, when you registered your domain name you supplied ICANN with with your name, address, email address, etc. Unfortunately, anyone can go the following website and look at any domain name: https://whois.icann.org/en

If you visit that site, and type in your domain name, you will see all of your registration information. Unfortunately scammers take this information and try to trick others into sending them money for services they either don't want, don't need or will never receive. You can delete the email from the scammer, and only trust communications you get from GoDaddy.

Many companies, like GoDaddy, will allow you to "privately" register your domain name. The registering company will, for a fee, provide alternate contact information for your listing in the WHOIS database. If you want to stop getting these scam emails, contact GoDaddy to privately register your domain name. You can read about it on their website at: https://www.godaddy.com/domainaddon/private-registration.aspx

Hope this helps,
WebGuyDavis

Thursday, May 4, 2017 at 1:03 AM - Response #1

If you register your domain name using Classnames.net, they also offer the 'private' registration option for $8.00 per year. It's worth not having your personal info out there for everyone (and scammers) to find.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.