ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Suggest Increasing Storage Space

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 10/22/18 04:12 PM Views: 3939 Replies: 3
Monday, October 22, 2018 at 4:12 PM

The current File Vault storage quota of 1100 MB seems a bit restrictive. That doesn't go very far at all with photos or videos.

That amount of storage is literally a dime's worth at today's storage prices.

Seems a bit stingy for 2018.

Please consider an increase.

Thanks.

Monday, October 22, 2018 at 9:26 PM - Response #1

Yes, that is what I pay for AWS (same storage CC uses) - 15 cents for 2.5GB Wink

Monday, October 22, 2018 at 11:27 PM - Response #2

In the past, around once a year, CC has offered a terabyte or two of extra storage as a bonus for extending your subscription, usually at a reduced subscription rate. Keep an eye out for these specials.

There are also ways to save on storage space by not using your site to store videos. We have created our own YouTube channel and have about 30 videos stored there, with links to the videos on our Audio/Video Memories page. I don't think you'll run out of space with just photos stored on your site.

Edit on 10.23.18: Thanks, Jack Vermeulen for catching my error. I meant "a gigabyte or two" instead of a "terabyte or two."

Edited 10/23/18 9:58 PM
Tuesday, October 23, 2018 at 2:14 AM - Response #3

Not terrabyte, I think it was 2 gigabytes. Did that 2X so now have 4GB (at least that how I think we got 4GB). Yes it is a good idea to take advantage of those "deals" but I think it would get/keep more customers and default to 2GB standard. The issue could be that those who PAY for anything over 200MB would no longer pay Cool

YouTube (or comparable) doesn't take any space no matter how you do it. The video is -always- on Youtube since you can't store and play those videos on CC since there is no player code.

A YouTube channel is not needed. The JVideoPlayer I made allows you to create your own video playlists. Much cleaner than YouTube Channels.

Music is a different story. You can store it on CC and use the player gobbling up space very fast. JVideoPlayer also plays MP3 music and is the only way to listen to music on iPhones and Android. Our home page has an example of the video player.

Short story: It's actually very easy to run out of 200MB - the default with just images - especially if you use hires. If you add MP3, then that's filled instantly. We store over 200MB of images.

I have 2.5GB of MP3s on AWS that I link to for music, but that's not for the average user since you have to create all the links manually.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.