ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

The mystery 'character' in new CC content pages??

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/30/10 06:22 PM Views: 1617 Replies: 7
Friday, July 30, 2010 at 6:22 PM

Everytime I create a new something in Class Creator --New announcement, new custom page, new survey page-- the window into which I'm going to start typing has a space already there. The cursor starts in the second position.

I, of course, backspace to get rid of the mystery character.

But in looking further, I note that if I select SOURCE before typing anything in this 'almost empty window' the space is gone -- and remains gone when I re-click the SOURCE button to return to the text mode.

I know in the big picture and with all CC has on their plate and in their plans, and Brad's upcoming 'vacation' (ha!), this issue is nothing, a zero, nada.

But what's up with that space? Should I leave that space there for some reason? Is it related to the black helicopters?

Have a nice NORMAL weekend everyone. I'll be right here watching that 'space', looking for aliens. Rolling Eyes

St. John of the Internet

Friday, July 30, 2010 at 8:24 PM - Response #1

Don't you remember? Up on your URL you are supposed to add &ascii=y then you will know where that little white space went to --------------------------> or is it <-----------------------------

Now you've got ME confused you ole fuddy-duddy!

Eeeegads, I think this weekend is going to be a bit too long Oh MASTER SIRE OF THE INTERNET!

Friday, July 30, 2010 at 8:27 PM - Response #2

Come to think of it--the white space you are talking about can't be corrected on the internet.

You'll have to make an appointment to go see one of them head doc's and maybe an x-ray or two they can find the "white-matter" that you speak of.Shocked

Friday, July 30, 2010 at 9:56 PM - Response #3

No clue, I've never seen such a space nor do I see one now. Totally wild guess, something on your computer like some type of auto complete is putting in a space. That's probably not it. More likely black helicopters.

Friday, July 30, 2010 at 10:04 PM - Response #4

Look! There it is AGAIN:

SEE!?!?

Maybe it's because Arizona doesn't switch to Daylight Savings Time (We get enough daylight; don't need to save any more.)

Men In Black. (Just thinking out to myself.)

John Christman -- they need to x-ray my brain to see if there's any GRAY matter in there.

Edited 07/30/10 10:07 PM
Tuesday, August 10, 2010 at 4:14 AM - Response #5

Brad, I can confirm seeing that phantom space or character every time I start composing. I consciously backspace to remove it, and often click Source to see what it is too Smile

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 at 7:19 AM - Response #6

Two things are true here:

1) You are seeing a very real space when you create a new editable page.
2) Our system is not putting the space there.

Can't repeat the problem and I tried several setups. The space could be there due to some very specific setup I'm not testing, it could be something like auto complete doing it, it could be one browser plugin or another that's adding the space there, etc. This probably isn't happening to the vast majority of people. Although no doubt a minor inconvenience, at least a simple press of the backspace key eliminates the mystery space. I wonder if it will keep happening when we upgrade the editor. For now I'm filing this in our bluebook files.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 at 10:02 AM - Response #7

Brad Switzer wrote:

..For now I'm filing this in our bluebook files.

That would be in the Project Bluebook files. As in UFOs?

At least I'm not the only one 'seeing the USO' (Unidentified Space Object). LaughingEmbarassedLaughing

Edited 08/10/10 10:04 AM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.