ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Windows 10

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/09/16 04:52 PM Views: 929 Replies: 6
Thursday, June 9, 2016 at 4:52 PM

I just went to Windows 10 on my laptop and can't seem to attach a link to an email nor access the file vault. Is this something with Windows 10 or Kaspersky, which I am using with the new W 10?

Thursday, June 9, 2016 at 5:35 PM - Response #1

I also had trouble with Windows 10. I went back to Windows 7. I couldn't copy and paste. And there were several others things 10 wouldn't do that Windows 7 did. Good luck.

Thursday, June 9, 2016 at 5:44 PM - Response #2

I hope Support provides a response to this as this could be a very big issue.

Thursday, June 9, 2016 at 6:56 PM - Response #3

AFAIK copy/paste works just like Windows 7 in Windows 10 - although some had issues because of failure to do complete updates. I definitely would not go back to Windows 7. Instead, try to figure out what setting(s) or updates are causing the problems.

Please verify that you have ALL updates installed. Go to Windows Update section.

File Vault, CC editor, etc works (not counting changes by CC that had nothing to do with Windows 10 Wink ).

However, there might be issues with some programs - for example prior Office needs latest updates and you might need to verify security settings so they are not too strict - which can prevent some things from working (I forgot that when I was testing Edge and things would not work because I had security set too high.)

You can try to disable Kaspersky for CC, although I don't think that would interfere with the File Vault access.

Thursday, June 9, 2016 at 7:39 PM - Response #4

I've had a seamless transition from Windows 7 to Windows 10, with nothing affected concerning the File Vault or emails.

Thursday, June 9, 2016 at 9:42 PM - Response #5

I went to Firefox and -- no problem. Seems it must have been something in Chrome that caused the problems.

My Windows 10 was installed using a clean installation and I am happy with it so far. I first did the download and it was not pleasant.
Jim

Thursday, June 9, 2016 at 9:50 PM - Response #6

Well, Chrome is different from Firefox. For some reason Chrome want to insert this in the URL field immediately (it's own link) ???

www.classcreator.com/fckeditor_finder/ckfinder.html?CKEditor=edithtml&CKEditorFuncNum=1&langCode=en

If you just updated to Windows 10, I think there is a SECOND update you need to install. There was for me.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.