ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Welcome, Thank You graphics - make your own

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/14/14 06:01 PM Views: 1018 Replies: 10
Monday, July 14, 2014 at 6:01 PM

Many times over the past four years, I've wanted to make a simple "Welcome" for my site. Sure, there are several fonts we can use in our editor. I have tried several times - even recently. I've never been happy with what I could make. When that happens, I stop, step back and consider what I can do to get what I want. Of course, I could search the internet... did that many times over time. Then it hit me!

Idea Open Microsoft Word. Use WordArt. Make a screen shot and crop it!

Why didn't I think of that 3-4 years ago? If you have Word or one of the free substitutes, give it a try! You design it. You choose the color. It is a win-win!

Use WordArt in Microsoft Word to say WELCOME, THANK YOU, CONGRATULATIONS and more!

Here is one I made for TAP.

Monday, July 14, 2014 at 6:19 PM - Response #1

Thanks for a great and easy suggestion!
I've also had good luck with textspace.net. Works great for birthday greetings, too. But the WordArt method offers lots of creative options. Thx again.

Monday, July 14, 2014 at 6:59 PM - Response #2

Nice!!! I used a third party widget...been a long time...since I did it..will make sure I keep this in mind.
Thanx, Gwen.

Monday, July 14, 2014 at 7:44 PM - Response #3

You could also use Power Point to make certain types of graphics.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 at 1:09 PM - Response #4

Making graphics is next on my list of things to do, Tim. I have so many things on the 'want to do' list, it may be one of those things I look at late and night and forget all about time.

Tim Bowen wrote:

You could also use Power Point to make certain types of graphics.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 at 2:03 PM - Response #5

Late at night, I'm asleep. Of course some would argue that is me during the day, too! Smile
My specialty is finding the best free programs to keep computers safe, and malware-free. My favorites are AVG 2014 Free, Malwarebytes, Ccleaner, Spybot Search & Destroy, and Advanced System Care, by Iobit. There are others, but those are the main ones I recommend. Do your friends a big favor and tell them to stay clear of PC Matic.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 at 2:11 PM - Response #6

Add to your list, SUPERAntiSpyware, Tim.

It caught a trojan last fall that nothing else found.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 at 2:18 PM - Response #7

I will do that. I'm always up for any ideas like that. No anti-spyware is perfect, but I would be very surprized if Malwarebytes ever misses anything. Between Malwarebytes and Spybot is a double whammy that seems to get everything. As you know, one cannot have too many anti-malware programs. I will look up Super Anti-Spyware and download/install it now.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 at 2:28 PM - Response #8

I should have mentioned that I used Malwarebytes first and then SUPERAntiSpyware. Yes, Malwarebytes missed it. Sad

...and we moved from graphics to malware. Wink

Edited 07/15/14 2:29 PM
Tuesday, July 15, 2014 at 2:32 PM - Response #9

....and I would have been even smoother if I had done that on purpose. Smile Thanks for the tip on SUPERAntiSpyware.

Thursday, July 17, 2014 at 1:16 AM - Response #10

Great idea, Gwen! Thanks.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.