ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Guestbook

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/01/12 05:48 PM Views: 2115 Replies: 13
Thursday, March 1, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Since Slide.com is no longer after the 6th, I am only sad that I will lose my guestbook. Anyone have a nice guestbook and site to where to get it? Thanks, Bonita

Thursday, March 1, 2012 at 7:08 PM - Response #1

Hi Bonita....
Check out my site

www.mchenryalumni.com

Thursday, March 1, 2012 at 8:29 PM - Response #2

Bonita I use this site it will email you with all the numbers once a week.

http://www.sitemeter.com

Thursday, March 1, 2012 at 8:30 PM - Response #3

Thanks Gwen, Danny, I will check them out!

Friday, March 2, 2012 at 10:22 PM - Response #4

Bonita,

The guest book I have on my alumni site is from jotform.com

Sorry I forgot to add that.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 at 5:10 PM - Response #5

Gwen,

I know this is an old post and I no longer see the Guestbook on your site. Can you give me a better idea of how you were using Jotform for this? Did it allow everyone to see all of the entries made by others. Thanks.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 at 9:45 PM - Response #6

Okay, I removed last names and made the guest book live for you to view (for awhile). It has not been live on the site for a year except for a two posts as a test. Adding the submissions after the form is done after the form is completed and provides a SECOND embed code. I'll be happy to share later. Right now, I am in TAP Chat. Smile

LINK: http://www.mchenryalumni.com/Guest-Book.htm

Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 12:18 AM - Response #7

Barbara F.,

I see you tested the Jotform Guest Book on my alumni site. Now that you have seen that, I would suggest you use the Message Forum that is already on your site. However, I see you want it not to require a password. It is not restricted but I understand you need to have a name and so on. Wish I could make it work for you OR the user forums - possibly using just one thread. Yet, that will not work.

If you find at any time that the options available on the site WILL work for you, I suggest you use them as we understand how they are to work.

Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 7:29 PM - Response #8

Just for reference for anyone that is wanting to create a guest book on their site using JotForm ... here's the link... Third Party Plug-ins -- Classmate Site Tutorials -- Sept 16, 2011 post #11 by John Chidester ...that was the INFO Gwen and I were seeking to finalize and have the guestbook entries display.
Essentially you copy & paste TWO embed codes (probably in a NOTEpad on your pc to copy to your site).... the first being the code for the Guest Book and the second being the code for the Guests Entries. The second code you obtain from a REPORT see the tabs on the JotForm page where you created your guest book ... Reports will be on the top right. Click on report, select HTML and then copy the embed code for the report (..the guestbook entries). I hope this is making some sense.
Members of TAP - The Admins Place can reference the TAP Live Chat Log of Jan 22, 2014 (page 28 -- Gwen's comments at the bottom of that page).

Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 11:06 PM - Response #9

For those who read this at a later date and may have missed the point of suggesting Jotform, Barbara built a non-class site. She wants a message board/guest book where visitors can leave a message without signing in. This may be the answer to her need.

If you want a place for ongoing messages, I recommend the Message Forum which is on our sites. When members on a site get started in a Message Board, it can be great. The key is in getting them to it and posting that first message or reply. Smile

Monday, February 3, 2014 at 1:50 PM - Response #10

Hi again Gwen. Would you happen to remember the settings you had on your form? No matter what form width, font, font size, etc. I use, I cannot get the date, time, am/pm and calendar to appear on the same line in CC. It looks OK when I preview it at Jotform yet when I paste the code into CC this is how it appears.

Any ideas how to fix it? The other fields I have look fine. Thanks.

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 at 12:07 AM - Response #11

I have a bit over one line of code for my guest book and about a start on line three for the submissions form.

After checking that, I looked at your code and I have no idea where you got all that. I wonder if you captured only the embed code using the tools on jotform, Barbara. I would delete everything under and capture it again. If you need help, let me know.

Apologies that you didn't get an answer sooner. If this were not to me specifically, you might have... if another member has experience with jotform. I'm finishing up a project and have things that take me away from my desk but will check for your reply.

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 at 9:55 AM - Response #12

Well Gwen - you pointed me in the right direction. Rather than use the embed I had copied the source. So, I went back and copied the embed code and voila!

Thanks again. I so wish I could have made it work with CC tools - they are so easy to work with. But since this will be an open site without registrations I could not.

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 at 10:56 AM - Response #13

Good to read, Barbara!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.