ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

question from a classmate

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/06/14 07:06 PM Views: 844 Replies: 6
Monday, January 6, 2014 at 7:06 PM

"Questions about the new format for the web site

If we post a "message" on a classmate's profile ("Share your thoughts with your classmates..."), is it still a private message, whereas, if we post a "comment," is this something viewed by everyone who reads the profile of this classmate?"

I don't know the answer!

Thanks,

Joani

Monday, January 6, 2014 at 7:20 PM - Response #1

Yes, it can be viewed by anyone who reads the profile. Bear in mind, however, that the entire profile itself can be limited to viewing by only fellow classmates. Each and every classmate has this privacy control.

Note that if you want to send a NON private message to the classmate, then rather than posting on his or her profile, you want to click the "Send a private message " to option which appears right underneath each classmate's master photo (upper left corner of profile).

Monday, January 6, 2014 at 8:52 PM - Response #2

BRAD on the Send a private message, Can the type be made a little bit larger, these old tired eyes, an some of us are over the Hill gang Rolling Eyes eyes are not what they use to be. Crying or Very sad

Monday, January 6, 2014 at 9:11 PM - Response #3

I've had questions on this too. While I totally understand what each function does, the wording is confusing to some since both functions use the word "Message" and the "Post a Message" is a replacement for what used to be "Post a Comment..."

If the wording was updated to "Post a Comment on this profile..." to reflect what it actually does, and the "Share your thoughts..." hint reminded people that "This comment can be viewed by all Classmates" - which is similar to what we had, it would be a lot less confusing.

Monday, January 6, 2014 at 10:04 PM - Response #4

Will look at this on testing environment. Currently that text is the same size as other display text on profile. If we're going to raise that one I'd think we'd want to increase everything. Certainly possible but would need to see what that does to the formatting. Probably more than you'd think. We'll take a look, thanks.

William Leggett wrote:

BRAD on the Send a private message, Can the type be made a little bit larger, these old tired eyes, an some of us are over the Hill gang Rolling Eyes eyes are not what they use to be. Crying or Very sad

Monday, January 6, 2014 at 10:13 PM - Response #5

A good suggestion for sure. Thank you. Will change wording to COMMENT.

John Ralph wrote:

I've had questions on this too. While I totally understand what each function does, the wording is confusing to some since both functions use the word "Message" and the "Post a Message" is a replacement for what used to be "Post a Comment..."

If the wording was updated to "Post a Comment on this profile..." to reflect what it actually does, and the "Share your thoughts..." hint reminded people that "This comment can be viewed by all Classmates" - which is similar to what we had, it would be a lot less confusing.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.