ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Multi-Threaded Forum

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/11/20 12:02 PM Views: 644 Replies: 8
Saturday, April 11, 2020 at 12:02 PM

Hello --
The Forum on my site appears to be a single-threaded forum.
Is this something that can be changed to be multi-threaded... without losing the contents of the existing single thread?

Thanks much!
We recently re-upped our Class Creator subscription for another 10 years. We are paid up through 2032. Our class stays in touch and together via Class Creator.Very Happy

On March 21, 2020 Jack Vermeulen wrote:

Quote:

On March 21, 2020 Jack Vermeulen wrote:

You can create special threads within the "message forum" dedicated to specific topics. Maybe this is historical since your site was created in 2009.
There are TWO types of "forum" formats. The older one is single thread only. The newer one allows dedicated areas - a Threaded forum. I do not know when the newer one was created, but your date is close to that.
You might have to ask for the newer one to be an option now? ....You can have both types active.

forum multi threaded multithreaded multiple topics

Saturday, April 11, 2020 at 1:20 PM - Response #1

Great question Fred.

Is this available now and how do we activate it?

Saturday, April 11, 2020 at 3:28 PM - Response #2

Hi Fred,

You don't have it live right now, however, at some point you had it live on your site and you had renamed it: LOOK >>; Info + Chats You can activate and/or change the name of it whenever you want under the Edit Link option next to the page name in Edit Site Pages.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Saturday, April 11, 2020 at 3:31 PM - Response #3

Hi Gary,

Your site appears to be using the threaded forums already under the title Blogs/Forums

Jessica

Monday, April 13, 2020 at 5:28 AM - Response #4

Great Jessica, Thanks. I didn't make the connection.

Monday, April 13, 2020 at 12:46 PM - Response #5

Jessica, thank you for your very quick response.
Of course, now I see what you are saying.
One of the Forums is multi-threaded, and the other is not.

Now, for another question:
Can I make a new menu item (add a new page) that would link directly to a specific Forum topic ?
The link is
http://www.classcreator.com/Wyncote-PA-Cheltenham-1970/class_forums_messages.cfm?tid=54712

When I put that link into the Edit Link website address, the message is that the Web address needs to end with ".htm"
The system can accept a .cfm ending...but cannot accept .cfm if I am editing it.

One solution is to have a page that the user is led to, and then put the link on that page.

Is it possible to have a menu item link to a non-.htm address?

Thank you ! Stay safe please.

Monday, April 13, 2020 at 2:38 PM - Response #6

I'm checking into this.

Monday, April 13, 2020 at 7:57 PM - Response #7

We added a meta refresh that auto forwards the page to your forums page. It isn't perfect but it works so fast most people would not notice the refresh.

Thursday, April 16, 2020 at 3:01 PM - Response #8

Thank you, Jessica. I appreciate your speedy response !
Stay well --

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.