ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Using Gallery Creator for Additional Pages

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/06/10 06:14 PM Views: 1404 Replies: 4
Saturday, November 6, 2010 at 6:14 PM

I am building my site, and have run out of the custom pages that can have a link on the left hand navigation menu.

I just started using the Gallery Creator, and that looks like an opportunity to build additional 'custom' pages, with the caveat that I build a small gallery for each page. Perhaps I don't even have to include a gallery, but for interest most pages will have lots of images, and the gallery page display allows wider pictures than standard pages. And also, picture text displays better on gallery pages than on embedded galleries on other pages, where the text background seems to be one of my website colors, which is too light for the letters to contrast very clearly; and the text letters display way too large. (Maybe there is a way to change this that I have not discovered yet)

Then, I could also 'convert' (move content) from the 'standard' custom pages to gallery pages, opening up the 'standard' custom pages to more appropriate 'top level' content.

Anybody have an alternative way to create more pages, or see some limitations to my solution?

Edited 11/06/10 6:16 PM
Saturday, November 6, 2010 at 7:00 PM - Response #1

You can also use SURVEY PAGES as custom pages. There is no reason enter a survey with any questions, just put in your normal "Custom Page" information in the Content Editor portion of the survey.

Saturday, November 6, 2010 at 7:15 PM - Response #2

I use the Survey pages. They don't use up vault space either...a bonus. Never had a problem with photo sizing. Bonita

Saturday, November 6, 2010 at 7:22 PM - Response #3

Thanks. I'll check out the survey pages. There are so many features here, that I'm like a kid in a candy store.

Saturday, November 6, 2010 at 7:36 PM - Response #4

Bonita Lyon wrote:

I use the Survey pages. They don't use up vault space either...a bonus. Never had a problem with photo sizing. Bonita

Vault space is used by images for the most part. You don't need to have any questions on survey pages nor galleries on gallery pages.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.