Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Odd links showing up on pages...?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/03/14 02:15 PM Views: 1145 Replies: 13
Sunday, August 3, 2014 at 2:15 PM

Hi, Why are highlighted links showing up like this one?:

http://www.southside64.com/class_admin_statistics.cfm

they are showing up on this page also { on words: summary. edit, regular mail, attach file, etc. }

When I hover, they are advertisements & when clicked it takes me off the site?

Did I miss a notice from CC ?

Thanks, N

Sunday, August 3, 2014 at 3:03 PM - Response #1

Check your subscription. It may have expired and changed your site to an 'Advertisements' site.

Sunday, August 3, 2014 at 6:26 PM - Response #2

I just responded to you on another thread suggestion your computer is infested by malware. And now I'm positive of it. Use System Restore to restore your computer to a point prior to when this started happening (that's the quickest way to solve this). Or run a full malware and virus sweep of your computer. Either of those things should solve the problem for you.

Sunday, August 3, 2014 at 6:43 PM - Response #3

Nancee, I'm not seeing any highlighted words on your site.. I had a classmate send me a message asking about the same problem. I had him download and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program.. It cleaned his computer.. So, you do have malware on your computer.

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 at 6:25 PM - Response #4

I agree with Brad but would prefer to run Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware or Spybots Search & Destroy. Since having a couple trojan virus' over the past few years, I run TWO malware programs because the first did not get it.

If you notice your computer slowing down... always clear your browser's cache. If that does not help, run malware... even if you did it the day before.... run it again. Don't trust your internet security (McAfee, Norton and such)... they can miss things, too.

If the above fails... restore.

Edited 08/06/14 6:26 PM
Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 3:48 PM - Response #5

I am getting advertisements and congratulations you are lucky winner. I checked the search engine and it is coming up https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/gfcentralgfredriver71.com
What marketing strategies does Gfcentralgfredriver71 use? Get traffic statistics, SEO keyword opportunities, audience insights, and competitive analytics for Gfcentralgfredriver71.
Now when I search in browser our class website doen't come up. Has someone taken over our domain?

Edited 06/01/21 7:18 PM
Wednesday, June 2, 2021 at 12:28 AM - Response #6

Sounds like your browser got infected. Get Malwarebytes from malwarebytes.com and run a scan. Run a free scan. You'll see.

Wednesday, June 2, 2021 at 10:31 AM - Response #7

Hi Brad, We went through and updated computer. I think my problem is our domain name being compromised. Our site is not on search engines under either school right now. But we were under www.alexa.com/siteinfo/gfcentralgfredriver71.com Advertisements kept popping up. Also another site popped up RogerMurphree.Fibrofindarticles.com I'm not seeing it this morning. I know it takes awhile to update, we did this about 12 hrs ago and watched the video of how to be seen on google and re-worded site info. Our site was coming up until recently. How do I check to see if my domain is the problem?

Wednesday, June 2, 2021 at 1:33 PM - Response #8

Diane,
For what it's worth, I went through everything I was allowed to on your site that isn't restricted using the "https://www.gfcentralgfredriver71.com/class_index.cfm" link to get there. I saw no ads, no redirection, and nothing at all out of the ordinary or suspicious. That strongly suggests that something on the PC (or whatever device) you're using to access your site is the culprit.

Wednesday, June 2, 2021 at 2:53 PM - Response #9

Thanks, went through and cleaned up computer, just having trouble now with site not being available on search engine. Tried bing and google. Closed up everything I wasn't using and the new sites that were added on updates. The one news site Watch news now had a red circle that followed me to every page I visited so I removed it and ads disappeared. Now if I can just get the domain figured out.
I do have a lock on just about every page.

Wednesday, June 2, 2021 at 3:27 PM - Response #10

The site gfcentralgfredriver71.com shows up fine on a google search. If it doesn't, there's still something on your system that is blocking you.

The other search engines are coming up with the raw https://www.classcreator.com/Grand-Forks-ND-Gf-Central-Gf-Red-River-1971/ name

Wednesday, June 2, 2021 at 9:01 PM - Response #11

Similar to Jack's finding with Google browser, but different with Edge browser (Bing search engine). When I put gfcentralgfredriver71.com in the browser address bar for Google and Edge browsers (Bing search engine for Edge browser, it went to that site. In both browser address bars, the URL says https://www.gfcentralgfredriver71.com/class_index.cfm, the correct address for your home page.

Edited 06/03/21 2:17 AM
Thursday, June 3, 2021 at 7:44 AM - Response #12

Yes, I can find it easy. But I was checking if classmates can find it, if they don't know the address. So when I put in Grand Forks class of 1971 all the other sites show up except Class Creator site. Which is the one we use. Luckily we have a Facebook page I can direct them to the site. Thanks for your input. It helps to have other admin. weigh in.

Thursday, June 3, 2021 at 10:30 AM - Response #13

Just now, when I put "Grand Forks Class of 1971" in the Google browser address bar, the first listing was your site. So, you've optimized Google's algorithm to go directly to your site.

When I put "Grand Forks Class of 1971" in the Edge browser address bar (Bing search engine), your site is not listed in the results.

Part of your problem may be that your web site address is "gfcentralgfredriver71.com" instead of "grandforkscentralredriver71.com." Bing may have a problem relating "Grand Forks" to "gf." Bing must use a different method than Google to optimize search results.

Edited 06/04/21 2:23 AM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.