ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Screwed up the formatting!

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/29/09 09:08 AM Views: 1426 Replies: 2
Thursday, January 29, 2009 at 9:08 AM

Help! I thought I'd get cute by putting my chat room link inside a box (table). Looked great in edit mode, but not live. Everything messed up. The order of text, the margins are gone, even the page title is missing. Rolling Eyes

http://www.fhhs79.com/class_admin_pages_form.cfm?custom=4

I know you're probably going to tell me I have "hard spaces" inserted. I've been trying to remove them, but I have a lot of text on the page... Is there an easy script that can strip them out all at once?

Thanks for any help on this!
Terry

Thursday, January 29, 2009 at 9:18 AM - Response #1

Never mind,... I located remnants of the table in the source code. Deleted them, and now everything looks right again.

Is there an easier way to put a box around text, or am I just reaching beyond my capabilities?

Still would like to know if there's a script/command that will remove all hard spaces in one pass... ? (I was taught to separate sentences with 2 spaces -- a hard habit to break!)Sad

Edited 01/29/09 9:19 AM
Thursday, January 29, 2009 at 2:43 PM - Response #2

Embedding a third party object inside of a table may or may not work, based on the object and what the object does. In most cases I imagine it would work though.

No, there is no automated way to remove hard spaces. No worries though, two in a row isn't going to cause any problems. You'd have to hit 40 in a row or something like that before you'll actually start having problems.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.