ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

mandatory payment for tickets

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/18/13 07:31 PM Views: 876 Replies: 3
Friday, January 18, 2013 at 7:31 PM

I sent out our invitations to our 50th one week ago. Since then a few people have registered to attend and included their payment (credit card). However, more people have actually indicated they are coming to one or all of our events and not included credit card informatio n (our preferred form of payment). Is there anything I can do to make it mandatory for the payment to be included in order for them to register for the events. This is making the bookkeeping very difficult. Right now I feel I have to send a message to all these people saying their reservations will not be counted until we have payment. This is obviously going to be an ongoing problem so if I can change something now I will!

Friday, January 18, 2013 at 8:02 PM - Response #1

Maybe you are seeing the results of this question

Include a question with possible Yes, No or Maybe answers on the Member Wizard and Edit Profile pages asking classmates if they plan on attending. This does not register them for the event, but displays on their profile and lets everyone else know if they're planning to be there. Classmates who select Yes will be given instructions on how to purchase tickets.

When I looked at your Reunion Planner ATTENDEES page, it showed everyone paying.

Friday, January 18, 2013 at 8:29 PM - Response #2

I know that the ATTENDEES page shows who paid, but I am worried that the classmates who have answered YES to the questions you referred to somehow think that's all they have to do and will just show up at the reunion. Can they be forced to include payment if they have said YES. We certainly have to know well ahead of time what our numbers really are--not just guessing because someone said they are coming but haven't paid.

Friday, January 18, 2013 at 9:25 PM - Response #3

You can either turn that off so that they cannot show that they intend to attend or you can leave it how it is. We cannot force them to pay when they say YES because it is just a profile setting. When they select YES, a pop-up comes up and tells them how to really register, but we cannot force them to do it right that instant.

I think there is an e-mail report you can send to those who say they are coming, but haven't paid yet. On the Reunion Planner, REPORTS page, you have these email options:

EMAIL THOSE:....
Answered Yes for attending, and have registered (15)
Answered Yes for attending, but have not registered (6)
Answered Maybe for attending (4)
Answered No for attending (3)
Have not yet answered if attending (864)

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.