ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Email from competitor sites for reunion

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/02/10 09:38 PM Views: 1383 Replies: 4
Tuesday, March 2, 2010 at 9:38 PM

Has anyone here had problems with receiving advertisements from other reunion websites? I'm not sure if someone cracked into this website to get my email address (it's not on our website in a public format that I can see).

OR is it possible this scenario: Our school's alumni association has a public webpage that lists current reunions and contact people. Do you think someone came through that website to get my name and email address? I don't know how these technology things really work. My email address was listed as xxxx(at)xxxx(dot)com on that website.

Any thoughts? I would be glad to forward the email to someone at ClassCreator if you want to take a look at it.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010 at 11:53 PM - Response #1

Did the email come to your own personal email box, or did it come through your site's Contact Form?

Sure, please forward the email to me at brad @ classcreator.com. I'm interested in seeing it.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010 at 8:52 AM - Response #2

It came to my personal email box, not through the Class Creator website email. I'll forward it to you.

I really like how this website works. Our reunion committee communicates directly with our own email addresses but communication from classmates comes through the website email with the easily identifiable Class Creator email so I know it's something related to the reunion.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010 at 10:54 AM - Response #3

I see it, thanks fcor sending. I'm virtually positive your email address was obtained elsewhere. If you didn't post it on your site somewhere there would be no way to get it. And the fact that this company has no history of doing this with our customers suggests it's non related. In fact this is the first I've ever heard of it.

Edited 03/03/10 10:55 AM
Wednesday, March 3, 2010 at 11:04 AM - Response #4

Thanks for checking on this. I appreciate your attention to detail and rapid response. I hope our classmates will be impressed with the website and we will be able to continue to use the site to plan future reunions and keep connected in between.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.