ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Not Secure - Certificate Warning??

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/24/19 08:19 AM Views: 1126 Replies: 15
Friday, May 24, 2019 at 8:19 AM

Got this error message when I tried to Edit Home Page. What's going on??

This site is not secure

This might mean that someone’s trying to fool you or steal any info you send to the server. You should close this site immediately.

?
Go to your Start page
Details

Friday, May 24, 2019 at 8:56 AM - Response #1

Just had a report from a Classmate that he's getting the same message and can't access the site on any browser. I've just checked and am getting the same message. This is the best way I can contact you from this side of the pond to let you know. My onscreen message says -

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.classcreator.com (for example, passwords, messages or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

Friday, May 24, 2019 at 9:30 AM - Response #2

Having the same problem when I try to sign in. This is the message sent to me by Firefox:

Firefox detected an issue and did not continue to www.classcreator.com. The website is either misconfigured or your computer clock is set to the wrong time.

It’s likely the website’s certificate is expired, which prevents Firefox from connecting securely. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.

I checked my computer clock, and it is set to the correct time. Hope you can shed some light on this issue.

Friday, May 24, 2019 at 9:43 AM - Response #3

I am having the same issue. Has the security certificate for Class Creator expired? If so, please renew it or let us know why else this could be happening!

Friday, May 24, 2019 at 9:44 AM - Response #4

Have received same warning message today.
I’ve sent Scott an email with warning link and have left voicemail for CC to return my call. Monday is Memorial Day. Need an explanation from CC today - CC Security Certificate expired 8am today, May 24, 2019

Friday, May 24, 2019 at 9:49 AM - Response #5

Thank you Elena G! I appreciate your heads up on this! I hope Scott responses quickly to this!

Friday, May 24, 2019 at 9:54 AM - Response #6

Spoke very briefly with Jessica. CC is aware of this warning. Jessica mentioned CC Security Certificate is messed up - she’s awaiting call back to straighten this out.

Edited 05/24/19 10:51 AM
Friday, May 24, 2019 at 11:46 AM - Response #7

Please try again. We were experiencing an issue earlier today that has been resolved. If you are still seeing it please refresh the page

There was a conflict this morning between our new certificate and the system attempting in places to load the old certificate. I apologize for any concern and confusion this caused as we worked with them to get this cleared up.

Friday, May 24, 2019 at 11:49 AM - Response #8

It's working fine for me now. Thanks, Jessica!

Jessica wrote:

Please try again. We were experiencing an issue earlier today that has been resolved. If you are still seeing it please refresh the page

There was a conflict this morning between our new certificate and the system attempting in places to load the old certificate. I apologize for any concern and confusion this caused as we worked with them to get this cleared up.

Friday, May 24, 2019 at 12:24 PM - Response #9

Working for me too! Thanks for the prompt fix!

Friday, May 24, 2019 at 12:54 PM - Response #10

Thank you, Jessica! AOK - enjoy the holiday weekend...

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 at 11:54 PM - Response #11

I am still getting the same message in my URL address bar

Not Secure

Thursday, May 30, 2019 at 5:04 PM - Response #12

Google has updated their browser (and subsequently, major browsers have followed), to alert users whenever they are on any page of any site that is not secured by a security certificate. Your site is currently secured on all pages that were previously necessary such as cart check out pages of the Event Planner as well as your Login pages. Rest assured that your site is safe and secure. However, we are still looking into a solution for admins to acquire a security certificate for their sites so that all pages reflect a secure status. We are working with our team to solve the logistics of this task. We will inform all of our administrators as soon as we have a solution that will work for our unique site scenario.

Friday, May 31, 2019 at 1:45 PM - Response #13

Thank you!

Friday, August 16, 2019 at 11:59 AM - Response #14

Any progress on this issue? I have just started a new website for my ladies social networking club using Classcreator, and I have already had two members who wanted to be taken off the Member list. Is there anything else I can tell them to reassure them it is safe? I have told them that I have been admin for my high school reunion site here for nearly ten years and processed reservation payments for hundreds of people with no issues. People are very paranoid, and rightly so considering all of the data breaches in the news. Ironically, many of the members are on Facebook, which constantly faces issues like hacking. I have pointed out that our neighborhood website (not through Classcreator) had the same warning AND it is not password protected! It even has a directory with addresses and phone numbers available to anyone who happens to find the website - I am not an admin, but I have pointed out that it might be time to make it pw protected.

Thursday, March 19, 2020 at 7:18 PM - Response #15
NOT SECURE ON ADMIN SITE.jpg

Why are we still getting this message in our browser when we log in to home page & I'm getting it in this admin group

Your connection to this site is not secure

You should not enter sensitive information on this site (for example passwords or
credit cards), because it could be stolen by attackers.

Edited 03/19/20 7:23 PM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.