ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Print Break

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/04/13 01:06 PM Views: 1179 Replies: 5
Monday, March 4, 2013 at 1:06 PM

I cannot seem to get the "Insert Page Break for Printing" feature to work. I can install it but it doesn't seem to provide the break. Can you help?

Monday, March 4, 2013 at 1:31 PM - Response #1

What page did you add this to so we can take a look?

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 at 4:26 AM - Response #2

Hi Scott:
http://www.westlineweb.net/Where-was-Baby-Jane.htm
Since it wasn't working, I moved it down the page. I couldn't determine how to remove it, but I'm guessing now that I have to convert it to source code and ferret out the commands?
Thanks Scott... j

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 at 11:58 AM - Response #3

Its working now. But you need to make some tweaks to the location of the page breaks. I copied and pasted your page break code to the end of the 3rd paragraph that ends with "she was called Jane." Then I had looked for the CSS Page Break code on google and found this page: http://www.javascriptkit.com/dhtmltutors/pagebreak.shtml and I copied/pasted the script from the section called "Their scripting equivalents", pasteing it to the Google Analytics box on the Preferences page. When I did a test print, it resulted in the page break exactly where I wanted to to at the end of the 3rd paragraph. But I also noticed that there are more page breaks in the code the you either need to remove or change the location.

Hope this helps.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 at 1:51 PM - Response #4

Thank you Scott. I will save this information for future use. Since I talked with you, I decided to simply add the article in a PDF at the bottom of the page, which can be downloaded and/or printed. That seems like a more sensible solution.

However, I do appreciate your help... j

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 at 2:12 PM - Response #5

You're welcome.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.