ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Profile Question - addition

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 08/13/14 12:02 PM Views: 854 Replies: 1
Wednesday, August 13, 2014 at 12:02 PM

Prior to Class Connection, I added the profile question, "Are you on Facebook?" followed by a request for the member's URL. Since adding it, most answer the question. Since Class Connection, I suggest this be added as a standard question for all of us to be able to download and sort by the question.

Why? Being able to post on our home page or in an email the number of members who are NOT on Facebook is a plus. Currently, approximately 1/5 of my alumni site are not on Facebook. I have posted that info and the class years at times. When I do, traffic to the site increases.

Another reason... Class Connection. Through the What's New page and Class Connection, members on Facebook and those who are not can connect without Facebook members having to come find them. Yet I believe "Joe Classmate joined the site today" does not show on the What's New page. So as an admin, today I will begin posting who joined and class year on the What's New page once-a-day. If this is not a matter of privacy, maybe that should have been considered in the updated What's New page.

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 at 12:09 PM - Response #1

And yes, I can download the class list as the question shows. I should have said that I've had many questions from other admins as to how I've increased traffic and this is something that could be standard on all sites, therefore available to all admins.

Pardon me for not sharing that. I was interrupted in my posting and am pressed for time.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.