ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Site Banner and logo

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/19/09 06:54 PM Views: 1452 Replies: 3
Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 6:54 PM

I found an old logo for our school but it is horz instead of vert and it is very close to our school name when shown on the banner and also a different shade of red.

See This Jing
Is they a way to move 'Redford High School' and 'Class of 1959' over to the right a little more? They are very close to each other.

The red in each is just a little different and might not be as noticeable if they were further apart. (I don't expect you to correct the reds).

Thank you in advance Brad... I know that you'll be able to do this! Cool

Edited 03/19/09 7:00 PM
Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 7:39 PM - Response #1

Is that some sort of setting me up with a "yes" answer Ken? Heh. Smile

Ok, 4 things for you here:

1) If you want those reds to match, set your primary school color to C60002

2) Personally I'd only crop your logo and upload it again. That small area really wasn't meant to contain the full school name, and then you've got the name immediately again right after it... I suspect you're doing that because you like the fancier font though -- am I right?

3) You can move your school name and year tag over to the right a bit just by inserting a few hard space tags in front of them. I'd type the code to make a hard space here, but if I do it will just put in a space and you won't see it, so let me do it with a space between each character. What you want to put in is this: & n b s p; --- put in that code just remove the extra space I added between each character. For every one of these you put in, your school name will move one space to the right.

4) You've been here for awhile and others haven't, but for anyone else, later this year we'll be working on Advanced Photoshop designs. For those with the skills, or those who with to have a friend, son/daughter, etc. help out, you'll actually be able to tweak your design to your exact liking in Adobe Photoshop. I have a feeling you're going to be one who will want to do that. Photoshop designs are quite a ways off still, but I thought I'd mention it here for those Photoshop users out there who might be interested in this.

Edited 03/19/09 9:30 PM
Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 8:08 PM - Response #2

Brad Switzer wrote:

Is that some sort of setting me up with a "yes" answer Ken? Heh. Smile

Well eh, maybe kinda of....ah... OK - YES! Heh!

Brad Switzer wrote:

Ok, 4 things for you here:

1) If you want those reds to match, set your primary school color to C60002

Fantastic... thanks -- looks good now!

Brad Switzer wrote:

2) Personally I'd only crop your logo and upload it again. That small area really wasn't meant to contain the full school name, and then you've got the name immediately again right after it... I suspect you're doing that because you like the fancier font though -- am I right?

Yes you are, again! It's now authentic!

Brad Switzer wrote:

3) You can move your school name and year tag over to the right a big just by inserting a few hard space tags in front of them. I'd type the code to make a hard space here, but if I do it will just put in a space and you won't see it, so let me do it with a space between each character. What you want to put in is this: & n b s p; --- put in that code just remove the extra space I added between each character. For every one of these you put in, your school name will move one space to the right.

This worked but I had to put three of them for the first line and five of them for the second line to left justify.

Brad Switzer wrote:

4) You've been here for awhile and others haven't, but for anyone else, later this year we'll be working on Advanced Photoshop designs. For those with the skills, or those who with to have a friend, son/daughter, etc. help out, you'll actually be able to tweak your design to your exact liking in Adobe Photoshop. I have a feeling you're going to be one who will want to do that. Photoshop designs are quite a ways off still, but I thought I'd mention it here for those Photoshop users out there who might be interested in this.

This is great... You're right, I'll be one to try it, but I'd use Fireworks and maybe add some animation (like my arrows on my front page)!

What everybody has said about you I'll DOUBLE! (well, maybe except for that one guy yesterday).

Edited 03/19/09 8:11 PM
Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 9:27 PM - Response #3

The number of spaces is different because the fonts are different sizes, but I bet you already figured that out. Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.