ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Page Set-up

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/29/10 09:20 PM Views: 2099 Replies: 11
Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 9:20 PM

I am working on "JCJC Wall of Honor" page. All military emblems are at the left side of page except the first one (U.S. Air Force). I cannot get it to remain at the left side no matter what I do.

Please help.
Thank you very much!

Louise

Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 10:24 PM - Response #1

Looks like they are all on the left now.

Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 10:31 PM - Response #2

Well, they are still not lined up on my computer.

Thanks for checking it, John.

Any suggestions?

Louise

Edited 07/29/10 11:30 PM
Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 10:52 PM - Response #3

Hit refresh/reload a few times. Close your browser and reopen it.

Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 11:11 PM - Response #4

John,

It doesn't look right in Internet Explorer. It does look right in FireFox.

Working on a solution.....

Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 11:16 PM - Response #5

Louise,

When I did a View Source, I saw a whole lot of SPACE BAR presses (they show up as a "&" followed by "nbsp;". These mean non-blank spaces, meaning it will never wrap. This caused the first image to go all the way to the right side of the screen.

Maybe you were trying to center or right-justify the image at one time, but that is the wrong way to do it.

The best way to justify an image is to place it in a table cell and then change the alignment of the table cell so it is RIGHT or CENTER aligned. This will not insert any special space characters, it will just position it correctly.

I fixed it for you by removing the "&" "nbsp;" characters.

Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 11:28 PM - Response #6

Kyle, thanks so very much for fixing it.

I'm one of those from the "pre-computer generation".
Still have a lot to learn.

I greatly appreciate all the help from you and CC team and other site administrators!!!

Louise

Edited 07/30/10 7:21 AM
Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 11:38 PM - Response #7

John Chidester wrote:

Hit refresh/reload a few times. Close your browser and reopen it.

I should have added "Kick the tires" and "Look for non-breaking spaces."

We all learn together when Kyle is working for us!Wink

Louise, if you're from the pre-computer generation, You'll appreciate this very short YOUtube Video: CLICK HEREVery Happy

Edited 07/29/10 11:41 PM
Friday, July 30, 2010 at 12:48 AM - Response #8

John, that's a good video for our "pre-computer generation." Some of us even learned to type on a manual typewriter!!!

Edited 07/30/10 12:48 AM
Friday, July 30, 2010 at 1:43 AM - Response #9

Louise Jenkins-Sumrall wrote:

John, that's a good video for our "pre-computer generation." Some of us even learned to type on a manual typewriter!!!

I learned how to type on an old Royal Typewriter..when I started working on puters..I use to type 120 a minute. MMMMM!!! My fingers go faster than my brain does!!! Twisted EvilTwisted EvilRolling EyesRolling EyesLaughingLaughingIdeaIdeaQuestionQuestionExclamationExclamationArrowArrow

Sunday, August 1, 2010 at 12:32 AM - Response #10

Darlene,

You're over qualified! I can remember seeing a job vacancy announcement for a clerk typist in one of the U.S. government alphabet soup agencies stating applicants should be able to type a minimum of 20 wpm. Ouch! Admittedly this was probably 35 years ago but I thought it ridiculous that 20 wpm was considered adequate for a typist position, IMHO.

Sunday, August 1, 2010 at 10:45 AM - Response #11

I know..I can't type that fast now..but I do type at least half that. Arthritis and Tendonitis in both elbows from keyboarding..I was an ole keypunch operator..that's how I started in IT. AHHHH!!! The good ole days..RazzRazzRazzRazz
I know about the govt's qualifications..my Mom worked for the State of IL..and most of the civil service people where incompetent. How they ever passed those test??? I will never know. I tried to get a postal workers job about 10 years ago..and they said I failed the test..I guess I have to logical of a mind. I am too smart for the govt.Rolling EyesRolling Eyes
Thanx for the kudos!!!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.