ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Joining Wizard

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 09/01/08 10:11 PM Views: 1217 Replies: 1
Monday, September 1, 2008 at 10:11 PM

The Wizard that steps folks through the "joining" process is quite good!   A couple of suggestions came up from one of my classmates when she went through the process.

"Member Wizard Step 4 of 5: Track Classmate Profiles" :
1) Have a "Select All" button
2) Indicate which members are deceased and provide the option to not select those.   (Yes, I sent her a note back about the option for classmates to post fond memories, obits, of the class member)
3) Show the classmate's married name.   Essentially show the name to be the same a on the Classmate Profiles page.
4) Add an option for a class member who has joined to go back to the "track classmate profiles" page.   Once joined, the only way I’ve found to be able to select classmates to receive update notices from is going through them one by one and, then, that’s not an option unless the selected member has joined.
5) If #4 can be added, also have an "un-select all" button.

Hoping for a "positive" response before I send a general notice out to all our classmates!

Ruth

Edited 09/01/08 10:14 PM
Monday, September 1, 2008 at 11:58 PM - Response #1

Ruth Flinn wrote:

The Wizard that steps folks through the "joining" process is quite good!   A couple of suggestions came up from one of my classmates when she went through the process.

"Member Wizard Step 4 of 5: Track Classmate Profiles" :
1) Have a "Select All" button
2) Indicate which members are deceased and provide the option to not select those.   (Yes, I sent her a note back about the option for classmates to post fond memories, obits, of the class member)
3) Show the classmate's married name.   Essentially show the name to be the same a on the Classmate Profiles page.
4) Add an option for a class member who has joined to go back to the "track classmate profiles" page.   Once joined, the only way I’ve found to be able to select classmates to receive update notices from is going through them one by one and, then, that’s not an option unless the selected member has joined.
5) If #4 can be added, also have an "un-select all" button.

Hoping for a "positive" response before I send a general notice out to all our classmates!

Ruth

Ruth you are the BEST! These are all great recommendations. Let me hit 'em 1 by 1 here:

1) Great idea. Will add.

2) We're not going to show deceased Classmates on the subscription list at all -- on task list when we can get to it.

3) Good point, and our oversight. Thanks!

4) Already on task list. This option will be called "Profile Subscriptions" and will appear under the Member Links on the left.

5) Will do it

Thank you Ruth. You're a smart cookie, can't we just hire you? Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.